Chapter 20 "Over To The FBI"

A month goes by.
There for a couple of days after the accidents, it was touch and go for a few.
But everyone who was involved is doing better and have made full recoveries.

~~~~~~

Shaylynn opens her eyes. She turns over and sees it's snowing again. As much as she loves snow, she's had enough of it.
She also misses waking up with Severide in her bed. On nights like last night, the body heat would've been nice to have since the furnace went out. That's one bad thing about old houses if everything hasn't been replaced something will go out sooner than later.
She rubs her face wondering why she didn't replace the furnace right after she bought the house.
Thankfully Mary has the day off and is coming over to be here to let the guys in so they can replace the furnace.
Hurrying out of bed, Shaylynn runs to the bathroom and plugs in a small heater to heat up the bathroom. Quickly closing the door behind her, she jumps back into her bed to stay warm until the bathroom has had time to heat up.
After about ten minutes, she gets back up and collects her clothes she laid out the night before. 

Hurrying to the bathroom, she quickly walks in and shuts the door

With the bathroom being so warm she's not going to want to leave.
After getting a quick shower, she hurries and dries her hair, fixes it and does her makeup.
Looking at her phone she sees she's running really late.
Thankfully with Dean being her boss, he's pretty laid back about things.
Leaving the bathroom Shaylynn runs down the stairs so she can start a fire for Mary.
She gets it start then quickly walks over to get her coat. As she's putting it on, there's a knock at the door. Opening it, Mary's standing there.
"I hope you dressed warmly!" Shaylynn tells her, "I just started a fire, so it will take probably ten minutes max to heat up the living room."
"Not a problem!" Mary says.
"Thank you for doing this for me so I can go to work!" Shaylynn tells her.
"Again, it's not a problem!" Mary tells her, "I know you're working on some big case!"
"I better be going! Help yourself to whatever is in the kitchen!" Shaylynn tells Mary as she walks to the back door.
Walking out of the house she runs to the garage, Shaylynn hurries to get into her SUV. She quickly backs out and onto the street. That's when she realizes it's time to slow down. The major drop in temperature last night has made the roads very slick.

~~~~~~

Shaylynn finally walks into the DHS building thirty minutes late. She can't believe how horrid the roads were in her neighborhood.
Getting off on her floor the receptionist looks at her, "Mr. Oliver has been looking for you!"
Oh great! Of all days Dean decides to be a boss!
"Thanks!" Shaylynn tells the receptionist and walks off down the hallway.
Halfway down she runs into Dean, "I know I'm late! My furnace went out and the roads in my neighborhood are horrid!" she tells him.
Dean starts laughing at her, "Don't worry about it! I've been looking for you because we have a meeting with the person in your office" he tells her.
"We have a meeting? I didn't realize!" she tells him.
"That's because it just came up ten minutes ago!" he tells her opening her office door.
Shaylynn walks in and sees Sam sitting there, "Sam, why are you here?"
Sam looks at Dean, he nods to her, "I'm here to bring you over to the FBI!" she tells her.
Shaylynn starts laughing, "It's a little too early for an Aprils Fools joke!" she tells them.
"It's true!" Dean tells her.
Shaylynn looks at him surprised, "Why?" she asks looking at Sam.
"Because you know A LOT about this terrorist Ian Grey! I have Hicks covered but Grey I know nothing about! Grey doesn't seem to care about innocent lives" Sam tells her, "After all the debris from the senior citizen home was removed more bomb fragments were found. Twelve bombs in total. When I talked to Dean he told me what you told him and Chief Walden. You'll still officially be working for the DHS, but instead of reporting here you'll be coming to the FBI building."
"What terrorist cares about innocent lives? The more innocent the better!" Shaylynn says, "Hicks doesn't care! Taking down the building that Marshall and everyone in his Firehouse were in makes that obvious! Hell, back then he was after first responders!"
"So, you'll do it?" Sam asks her.
"I guess," Shaylynn says.
Sam looks over at Dean and smiles, "I hope the rest in the FBI know what they're in for!" Dean says with a smile on his face walking out of Shaylynn' office.
"The accidents?" Shaylynn asks Sam as she sits down.
"The group is still bound and determined to take out first responders! That's one bad thing about advertising Molly's as being a bar owned by firefighters!" Sam says, "How's everyone doing?"
"Everyone is doing better! They're all back to work!" Shaylynn says.
"That's good!" Sam says.
Shaylynn can see she wants to ask something else, "Is there something else?" Shaylyn asks.
"No!" Sam says standing up, "I'll talk to you later!" she says walking out of Shaylynn's office.

A couple of hours go by.
Shaylynn is working away when her office door flies open, "We have to go!" Dean tells her.
"What's going on?" Shaylynn asks him while she stands up and grabs her coat.
"There's been another bombing!" Dean tells her.
They both rush out of the building and head to the Impala that's parked close by.

~~~~~~

Arriving at the scene, Dean sees that 51's trucks are here along with quite a few FBI cars.
Shaylynn quickly gets out of the car and starts rushing over, Sam turning around seeing her.
"Sam, what's going on? Where's 51?" Shaylynn asks not seeing any of them around.
"They're in the building!" Sam tells her, "More Companies are on their way!"
Shaylynn gets a blank look on her face.
What happened to Marshall is happening all over again!
Shaylynn takes off running to what's left of the building, "KELLY!" she screams picking up debris.

*~*~*~*~*

I'm going to leave it here on a cliffhanger to go into a new year.   ;)

Everyone have a SAFE & HAPPY NEW YEAR!