Chapter 16 "Havoc At A Strip Club"

Severide and Halstead stare at each other. Olive can feel the tension in the air between the two.
"Uncle Kelly!" Daniel yells, running over to him.
Severide bends down and picks him up, "I missed you last night! Aunt Shaylynn just wasn't herself with you not being here!" Daniel tells him.
Severide turns around and looks at Shaylynn, she smiles at him.
"Daniel, why don't we get your stuff on so you can go play out in the snow!" Olive tells him.
Daniel throws his arms up into the air, "YAY!" he screams, Severide puts him down.
Once Daniel's feet touch the floor, he takes off running to get his stuff on.
After a couple of minutes, everyone hears the front door close.
Shaylynn walks around Severide, pushing him back a little, walking straight to where Halstead's standing.
"You have enough fucking nerve to be here after yesterday!" she tells him.
"I'm dropping off a Christmas present for my boss! Chill out!" Halstead tells her.
Shaylynn gets a pissed off look on her face, she starts walking closer to Halstead until Severide grabs her arm.
"What the hell is going on between you two?" Hank asks Shaylynn and Halstead.
"We've been having an affair!" Halstead tells Hank.
Hank gets a surprised look on his face and looks at Severide, "Kelly knows!" Shaylynn tells him, "And it's we WERE having an affair!"
"So that's what all the commotion was about at the scene yesterday?" Hank asks.
Halstead looks at Shaylynn, "Yes! That's what all that was about!" she tells him not wanting to tell her father that one of his Detectives came to her office and basically threw himself on her. She took care of it after all.
"With all that being said, Jay, I think it would be best if you leave and I'll see you tomorrow at the District" Hank tells him.
Halstead nods to Hank, turns around, walks past Shaylynn and Sam then past Severide and out of the living room.
As Halstead walks to the front door, Severide grabs his arm to stop him, "When you decide to stop hiding behind that badge and gun, let me know and we can settle this once and for all!" he tells Halstead.
"And do what Kelly? Have Shaylynn get even more pissed off at me?! I don't think so! I don't know what bullshit you've fed her to end up here, but whatever it is you won't be able to keep your side of the deal! You're a damn Severide! Severide men can't stay in long-term relationships!" Halstead tells him sarcastically.
Severide is about to punch him when the front door opens, with Daniel and Olive coming in.
"Uncle Kelly, are you leaving?" Daniel asks him.
"No, but Jay is!" Severide tells Daniel giving Halstead a dirty look.
Halstead opens the door, "See ya, Daniel!" he says.
"Bye, Jay!" Daniel says walking toward the kitchen with Olive.
Severide smiles and looks at Halstead, "See, you're Jay and I'm Uncle Kelly! Daniel will NEVER call you that!"
Halstead glares at Kelly before walking out the door, shutting it behind him.
Shaylynn walks out of the living room, "Kelly, I'm so sorry about that!" she says as she walks up to him.
Severide grabs her hand, "It wasn't your fault!"
"Jay did that on purpose, I guarantee it! He could've given the gift to Hank yesterday!" Shaylynn says pissed off.
Severide puts his hand on the small of her back, "Stop worrying about it and enjoy time with Olive and Daniel!" he tells her.
Shaylynn kisses him and heads to the kitchen following behind Sam.
Severide looks out the window on the front door and sees Halstead sitting in his truck staring at the house.

It starts to get late.
Sam, Shaylynn, and Severide decide it's time to leave so Hank can have more time to visit with Olive and Daniel before they leave the next morning.
Outside, Shaylynn and Severide say goodbye to Sam and get into her SUV.

~~~~~~

Walking into the house, Shaylynn turns the lights on with Severide closing the door behind him.
He helps her with her coat and hangs it up.
Shaylynn walks into the living room, up to the mantle and puts a picture of her Mom that Hank gave her by the one Severide gave her.
She turns around and Severide is right there.
He starts kissing her, Shaylynn pulls her head away, "Kelly, I don't think this is a good idea!"
"Why?" he asks then starts kissing her neck.
"Because I said we should take it slow!" she tells him starting to get lost in the sensation of him kissing her neck, "This isn't going slow!"
He stops and looks at her, "There are other things other than full-blown sex we can do!" he tells her with a smile.
He goes back to kissing her neck, Shaylynn gives him a little push.
"Kelly, I don't have many weakness' " she tells him, "Other than you! You're my BIGGEST weakness! When things start happening, I can't say no to you!"
"And that's a bad thing?" Severide asks her with a smile, "Shaylynn, I have to at least have touching! I'll go mad if I can't touch you!" he tells her moving his hands from her waist up to her breasts.
"I guess touching is okay," she tells him, "But I'm the one who says when it's time for sex!"
"Shaylynn...," he says.
"Kelly, do you love me?" Shaylynn asks him.
"Yes!" he tells her.
"Then respect my wishes!" she tells him.
Severide throws his head back, "You're going to kill me with this, but I'll respect your wishes!"
Shaylynn walks away and heads upstairs, while Severide walks into the kitchen.
After five minutes, Shaylynn comes downstairs in her nightgown and robe to find Severide sitting on the couch eating the Texas Sheet Cake he made last night watching Jingle All The Way.
She sees he has a plate and glass waiting for her, grabbing a blanket she sits down on the couch and covers herself up. Leaning forward she grabs the plate and watches the movie.