Chapter 17 "Public Enemy Number One"

Dean and Shaylynn arrive at the Senior Citizen home or what's left of it.
Shaylynn sits there and stares at it. Looking over at her, Dean can tell she's pissed!
Seeing that Firehouse 103 is here, they get out of the car and walk over to the Chief.
Turning around, Chief Walden sees Dean and Shaylynn walking up to him.
"Hi Shaylynn!" he says to her.
"Hello Chief!" she says to him, "This is Dean Oliver. I work with him at the DHS."
The Chief and Dean shake hands, "What's the count?" Dean asks him.
The Chief shakes his head, "All the residents perished along with the employees!"
Shaylynn shakes her head and rubs her face with her hands.
"You don't look well," the Chief tells her.
"I'm fine," she tells him.
"Your sister's here!" he tells her.
"I figured she would be!" Shaylynn tells him, "Do you know where she is?" she asks.
"Last time I saw her she was over by the Truck guys watching them as they moved debris. She's anxious to find something!" he tells her.
Shaylynn gives him a half smile, "I bet she is! I'll go over and keep an eye on her. Also act as a distraction for her so she'll leave the guys alone."
"Thanks!" the Chief tells her.
Shaylynn walks away while Dean stays to talk to the Chief.

Looking around Shaylynn sees Sam hovering over the Truck guys.
"Sam!" Shaylynn yells at her.
Sam turns around and sees Shaylynn waving her over, she starts walking over to her.
"You don't look good!" Sam tells her.
Shaylynn shakes her head, "I can't remember last night!" she tells her.
"What do you mean you don't remember last night? You didn't have one of your episodes, did you?" Sam asks concerned.
"No! A friend from the Marines had a bachelorette party last night. Her other friends picked to go to a strip club. I don't remember much from there. What I do remember is waking up at Tony's with Kelly staring at me. Apparently, a couple of cops dropped me off there thanks to Dad! Kelly told me I had quite a few interesting items with me along with phone numbers!" Shaylynn tells her.
Sam is trying her hardest not to laugh, but it's not working. She starts laughing her ass off at her sister.
"Would you stop that! It's not funny!" Shaylynn tells her, "I don't do things like that, but when a group of women Marines gets together we're just as bad as the men!"
"You know Kelly is never going to let you live that one down!" Sam tells her.
Shaylynn gives her sister a glare, "Do you think this was Hicks?"
"I don't think so! This is pretty small for him. The five residential blocks I'm saying was him, but not this. He might be training someone to take Austins place" Sam tells her.
"I sure hope not!" Shaylynn tells her.
"I'm guessing you called me over here so I would stop hovering over the Firefighters," Sam says to her.
Shaylynn laughs at her, "Yeah! They don't like that. They'll let you know if they find something. They know you have a temper like me! When they do find something they'll let you know."
Sam gives Shaylynn a look, "You know you do! So don't look at me like that!" Shaylynn tells her.
"Sam!" one of the Truck yells at her.
Sam and Shaylynn start walking over, "We found fragments to what looks like a bomb," he tells her.
He points to where the fragments are while Sam puts on gloves. She picks up the pieces and puts them into evidence bags as Dean walks over to them.
"What did they find?" Dean asks Shaylynn.
"Bomb fragments!" she tells him.
Sam turns around, "Since the FBI was first on the scene, you'll let the DHS know what the test results are right?" Dean asks her.
Sam nods at him, "I better get these back to the lab so they can start testing them!" she tells them.
She hurries past them to her car, gets in, and drives off.
Shaylynn looks at Dean, "What is it?" he asks her.
"That was just parts to one!" Shaylynn tells him
"How do you know?" he asks her.
"The parts were too small. There's no way just that one took this building down. Plus I've seen this before in the Middle East. More parts will found in what used to be the corners of the building" she tells him, "How many levels was the building?"
"Three" Dean tells her.
"Okay, so a bomb would have been placed in each corner of the building on each floor. By the looks of the debris, they were placed so the building would implode in on itself" Shaylynn says as she walks around with Dean and the Chief following her.
Dean looks at the Chief, "She's right! The building did implode. That's why there are no survivors" the Chief tells him.
Shaylynn turns around and looks at the Chief, "Thanks for putting up with us and my sister!" she tells him with a smile.
He smiles back at her, "Not a problem!" he says.
"We need to go!" Shaylynn tells Dean.
"Alright! Thanks, Chief!" Dean says.
Dean and Shaylynn walk over to his car and get in.
"Is there a reason why we're leaving?" he asks her.
"I need to get home!" she tells him, "I have some research I need to do!"

~~~~~~

Dean pulls up in front of Shaylynn's house, "Looks like Kelly's here!" he says.
Shaylynn looks surprised, "By that look, you didn't know he was coming by?" Dean says with a smile.
"Nope! I had no clue!" she tells Dean, "Thanks for coming to get me!"
"It was no problem! Figured you would have to be picked up after what I heard over the police scanner last night!" Dean tells her with a snicker.
"You've got to be kidding me!" Shaylynn says giving Dean a little punch on the arm, "Do you live by that scanner?" she asks him.
"NO!" he tells her, "Sometimes the cops get called to something that has to do with this group and they have no idea what they're in for."
"Whatever! I'm heading in!" Shaylynn tells him.
"Whatever this research your doing, it turns up anything, you'll let me know?!" Dean asks her as she gets out of the car.
Shaylynn bends down and looks into the car, "Yes, I'll let you know!" she tells him, then closes the door.
As she walks up the steps to her house, Dean drives off.

She walks in and smells pancakes and bacon.
After putting down her bag and hanging up her coat, she walks into the kitchen.
"Kelly, what are you doing here?" she asks him.
"Making you breakfast! You didn't eat before you left Tony's and you're terrible about not eating anything until you are completely starved when you're working on a case" he tells her, "Speaking of cases, were there any survivors?" he asks her.
Shaylynn looks down at the floor and shakes her head 'no'.
"Shaylynn, I'm sorry! What company was on the scene?" Severide asks her.
"103," she tells him.
"Chief Walden will make sure things are taken care of with a lot of respect for the deceased" Severide reassures her.
Shaylynn shakes her head as she wipes her eyes. Thankfully she didn't see any bodies! If she would have, that more than likely would have sent her down the path to that dark place in her head.
Severide sits a plate down on the counter for her, "Kelly, I really appreciate you doing this for me, but I have some research I need to do" she tells him.
Severide smiles at her, "That's alright! If you don't mind I'd like to stick around. You have better snacks!" he tells her.
Shaylynn starts laughing, "Sure! Make yourself at home!" she says picking up the plate and a glass.
She walks out of the kitchen and up the stairs to her office.
After walking into her office she sits the plate and glass down on her desk, then shuts the door.
Sitting down, she turns on her computer. Getting online, she types in a password so she can get into her online files.
As she goes through files, pictures and documents pop up in different windows.
She scans over all of them and finds what she's looking for.

Ian Grey..... traitor!

While over in the Middle East, he defected over to the enemy side

While over in the Middle East, he defected over to the enemy side. Last time Shaylynn knew he was number one on the militaries most wanted list.
The type of bombing at the senior citizen home is his type of ammo to blowing buildings up.
Over in the Middle East, he made himself famous by blowing up schools, orphanages, any place innocent people were.
He most likely was already part of the group, but staying in the shadows because of Austin.
Since Austin is gone, Ian can now move up in the ranks.
Shaylynn picks up her phone and calls Dean.
"Yeah"
"Put the word out that the guy who's taken Austin's place is Ian Grey!" Shaylynn tells him, "He should be classified as public enemy number one!"