Chapter 7 "Rubber Cement Glue"

The next morning, Severide wakes up laying on the couch behind Shaylynn.
The last thing he remembers is them talking, they both started getting really tired, they laid down on the couch, and both fell asleep.
He tries to get up without waking her, but that fails when his foot gets tangled up in the blanket and he falls to the floor.
"What time is it?" Shaylynn asks him, stretching.
"Early!" he says standing up.
"It's morning?" Shaylynn asks surprised.
"Yes," he says.
"Oh no! What is Boden going to say?" Shaylynn asks.
Severide picks up his phone, "I don't have any calls or texts from him" he says putting his phone back down on the table.
"I better get ready to head back," Severide tells her walking to the bathroom.
Shaylynn continues to lay on the couch and smiles to herself. She finally decides to get up and straightens up the couch.
Severide walks to the front door, grabs his coat, and puts it on.
Shaylynn walks up to him, "Talk to you later?" he asks her.
"I guess," she says.
Severide smiles, then bends over and kisses her.
"I better go!" he says grabbing the doorknob, opening the door, and walking out.
Shaylynn closes the door behind him. She hears his truck start up and hears it get quieter the further he drives away.
She heads upstairs to get ready for work.
An hour later she comes downstairs and gets her stuff ready to leave. She walks into the living room to turn off the Christmas tree when she sees Severide's phone lying on the table. Picking it up, she puts it in her bag and walks out the door to her SUV.

Parking in front of the Firehouse, Shaylynn gets out and walks up the driveway and inside to the Common area.
Everyone is going about their business and doesn't notice her. She stands there and smiles while she watches everyone.
"Hello," Shaylynn says.
Everyone stops and looks over at her, "SHAYLYNN!" Herrmann yells quickly walking over to her, "What can I do for you?" he asks.
"Kelly forgot his phone at my house. So I thought I would drop it off before I went to work" she tells Herrmann at that time Severide walks up behind her.
"Thanks! I appreciate you bringing it to me. I thought I lost!" Severide tells her.
While Shaylynn's talking to Severide, Moon walks through the door that's back by the kitchen area. She looks and sees Severide talking to Shaylynn. Next thing she knows, Severide kisses her and Shaylynn starts walking down the hall toward the bathroom.
Moon walks back through the door and out and around to walk to the bathroom.
She walks in to find Shaylynn washing her hands, "What the hell is up with you? Are you stalking my man? Is that why you were talking to me in the bar bathroom? So you could find out about him?" Moon asks her.
Shaylynn looks in the mirror at Moon, "I suggest you leave!" she tells her.
"I'm not leaving until you tell me what your deal is! You need to stay away from my man!" Moon tells her.
Shaylynn's had enough!
She pushes Moon up against the wall, "Listen, skank! You were nothing but a piece of ass! That's all you'll ever be! While he was fucking you, he was thinking of me! Kelly and I are married!" Shaylynn tells her, then wonders why Moon smells like rubber cement glue.
"You're Shaylynn?" Moon asks.
Shaylynn looks at her surprised, "He would keep saying your name over and over again at night while he was sleeping! But I still had him!" Moon says getting a shitty grin on her face.
"I don't give a rat's ass if you had him or the entire Navy, I had someone also! But like you said, he was calling MY name, NOT YOURS!"
"I will have him again!" Moon says.
Shaylynn laughs, "Has he slept with you since? NO? Probably because he and I have had sex since then! Why would he want a moon that everyone has seen, when he can have a shooting star that's rare!"
Shaylynn let's go of Moon, she makes a "HUMPF" sound as she leaves the bathroom.
Shaylynn stands there with her back against the wall, shaking her head from side to side.
Just when she gets ready to walk out of the bathroom, her phone rings. She hurries and takes it out of her bag.
"Yeah!" she says.
"Are you there?" Dean asks her.
"Yes, I'm here! Where did the information say they were supposed to be?" Shaylynn asks him.
"Around the spare oxygen tanks," Dean tells her.
"Alright! I'm heading there now!" Shaylynn tells him, walking out of the bathroom.
Shaylynn walks out of the bathroom, out to the stalls, and to the room where the extra oxygen tanks are stored.
"Well?" Dean asks.
"There's one here!" Shaylynn tells him.
"Then the person who put it there is probably still in the Firehouse! The woman we picked up smelled like rubber cement glue!" Dean tells her.
Shaylynn's eyes get big...... MOON!

*~*~*~*~*

I won't be posting for the next couple of days.

This weekend is going to be busy for me with my son's Veterinarian Technician graduation.