Chapter 6

I just want this to be a warning just in case, because there are some suicidal thoughts

As I walked into the mental facility, there was something missing. Obviously it was Y/N but there was really no reason for me to be here. My only patient was being held for questioning and probably being harassed like none other. I was beginning to learn what Y/N was like, and I knew she wouldn't be able to handle it if she were to be ganged up on by others, whether it be other inmates or officers. They had a obvious distaste for the younger girl, that much was clear to see. I tried everything I could to make sure she was safe and taken care of but there was only so much I could do. I didn't know what this meant for my career but that's why I knew I had to come in, I had to talk to Ally about what was going to happen when Y/N got out.

So as I made my way to the Texan's office I kept my gaze forward, knowing people were gazing at me because of what they heard about my patient. Some questioned why I had taken on the task of caring for Y/N but I wasn't going to entertain them with the answer of why I stuck with the taller girl. When I reached Ally's office I saw the older woman on her computer, stopping once she realized I had entered her office. She offered me a sweet smile. "Hi Lauren." Ally greeted. I nodded my head in response as I sat down in one of the chairs in front of her desk. "What can I help you with?"

"What are we going to do with Y/N when she gets out?" I got straight to the point, knowing this wasn't a matter of sitting around waiting for something to happen. Ally seemed surprised by my sudden question but she recovered quickly. "I'm still trying to settle everything with her lawyer but what is going to change when she comes back?" The short Texan sighed and adjusted herself in her chair to fully face me. She interlaced her fingers and placed them on the desk as it looked like she was trying to come up with the right words to say.

"Lauren, I'm sorry to say but I'm not sure Y/N even has a spot here anymore." My blood ran cold at her words. "The board doesn't want to risk the lives of others here, so they find it beneficial to place Y/N somewhere else." Ally held a sympathetic look on her face. I ran my hands through my hair and stood from my spot so that I could start pacing in front of Ally's desk. This couldn't be happening.

"That's impossible, you told me that this was her last chance otherwise she would have to be executed." I stressed before leaning my hands on the desk. Ally clenched her jaw while nodding her head and then suddenly it dawned on me. That's exactly where Y/N was headed if she wasn't allowed to come back. She would be executed without remorse. "Ally you can't let this happen, please. You have to help me convince them that she needs to come back here, she needs to come back to me. I can't let her die because of an accident that's already in the past. I will stay with her twenty-four-seven if I have to so that she won't hurt anybody. Hell, she can stay with me if we need to but I'm not letting that girl die."

Ally debated my words with a regarding facial expression. She bit down on her fingernails as she thought about my offer. "I'll see what I can do." She settled on with a sigh while running her hands through her dirty blonde hair. I darted behind her desk and pulled her in for a hug, repeatedly thanking her before she giggled and reciprocated the hug as well. Eventually I pulled away with one more 'thank you' before I left her office and the building altogether. I had a meeting with Y/N's lawyer to see what we could do to prevent her from being charged too heavily. So as I made my way to a local diner, I found a spot towards the back where the dark skinned lawyer was already sat with papers splayed out onto the table. I slid into the booth across from Normani which caught her attention.

After offering her hand for a handshake which I reciprocated, she nodded down to the papers. "So I met with Y/N yesterday, and I got the story from her side. The more I studied it the more evidence I found which will hopefully release her because it wasn't her fault at all. Somehow, your receptionist, Emily, obtained a key to Y/N's room so that night, that girl went in to harass Y/N which led to Y/N trying to leave essentially. She ran down the stairs away from the other girl and when she got to the ground level, she was tackled by a security guard. In that action, his sidearm was knocked loose but he eventually started to hit Y/N in her body. She pushed him off and went to grab his gun and that's where she pointed it at him to keep him away. Then the receptionist called the police and we know what happened after that."