Chapter Six

"B-but..." I sputtered.

"Okay, you are sounding like Candice Falcon from that show that we used to watch, Tiniess and Turb," my sister stated.

"He was there!" I exclaimed, beginning to get pretty angry. "His name is Dr. O'Connor. Dr. Henry O'Connor. He said that he is a specialist who travels around the world."

Scarlett crossed her arms. "This has got to be another one of your imaginary friends."

"He is not! He and I were talking while you were getting the tickets. Just ask the people who are reading this book."

"So...you were talking with a stranger?"

I hesitated before speaking. "...yes."

She gasped. "Margie! You know that you are not supposed to talk to strangers! Something bad could have happened to you!"

I looked down. I could see that she was mad at me. And who could blame her? After all, I was the only one in her life, besides Sarah, and of course, her sister. Like I said a few chapters ago, if something happened to one of us, the other would not know what to do.

Now that I think about it, I do not think that she was mad at all. She was worried. Worried about me.

I cleared my throat and looked back up at her. "I was not planning on talking to the guy. Really," I told her. "But..."

"But what?" she questioned me.

"He...he said something."

"What did he say?"

"...something interesting."

"What could he have possibly said that would sound interesting?"

I took a deep breath. This was it. I could not put us in danger any longer. As much as I did not want to, I had to tell Scarlett the truth. The message. What the doctor had told me. Everything.

Here goes...

"Scarlett...Forlot is—" I was suddenly interrupted by someone. And by someone, I mean Sarah.

"Hey, guys!" she called as she ran over to us, her blond hair flying behind her, and hugged us tightly. Sarah had on a white, long-sleeved shirt that had flowers on the front. She also wore jeans and sneakers. "I am so happy to see you two again!"

My sister smiled. "Glad that you could make it, bestie." Bestie is what Scarlett calls Sarah sometimes.

"I am surprised that you are coming with us," I piped in. "Considering the fact that you get airsickness."

"Or seasickness," Scarlett added.

"Actually, I get both," Sarah said.

"You do?" Scarlett and I said at the same time, shocked by her comment.

She nodded. "Yep. I will only have to worry about airsickness though, since we are not going on a cruise or any boat."

"Then why are you coming if you know that you are going to be sick on the plane?" I asked.

"Because my closest friends are going, and I want to join in on the party. I do not even like this city, and from what you told me, Scarlett, Forlot sounds more interesting than anything here."

My cheeks turned red.

Yeah. Interesting.

"I have our tickets," my sister said as she handed a ticket to me and one to Sarah. "We can head to the gates right after we pass security."

"Aw, man," Sarah groaned. "I hope that I will be no trouble." She held up four - no, five - bags, one of which was a huge suitcase.

"You do realize that this is just a vacation," I stated to her. "We are not moving to Forlot."

"I know. I just could not figure out what to bring, so I brought everything."

Well, this trip was off to a good start. Not!

We walked to the security area, and other than the security guards, the place was deserted. Boy, we were early!

A guard spotted us and ordered us nicely to remove our shoes and put all of our belongings on the conveyor belt for scanning. We did what we were told, and other guards patted us down, making sure that we were not hiding anything that could be dangerous.

Like Forlot.

I wanted to tell Scarlett and Sarah the truth about Forlot, but for some reason, I could not. And I had no idea why. I mean, I was about to tell Scarlett before I got interrupted, and now, I did not want to tell the truth. I was not afraid. It was just...

...it is hard to describe.

If things could not get any worse...

"Excuse me," one of the guards spoke to me, holding my backpack. "I found this."

I gulped and turned to Scarlett and Sarah, who were staring at me with worried looks, as the guard pulled a large object out of my backpack.

Oh, no. My crossbow.