Chapter Thirty-Three

A hand clasped itself over my mouth, while the other hand held my face and brought it close to the figure.

"MMM!"

The hand that was holding my face slowly dug its fingertips into my skin. It was not as painful as what the Colnox did to my waist. It was not painful at all, thank goodness. But the fingertips felt cold and...

...metallic.

"Margie," the figure spoke.

Okay, am I famous around here or something? First, that Colnox knew my name, and now, this figure. How?

"Margie," it repeated. I could not see the figure's face or any part of his or her body. "Margie Morgan."

"What...what do you want?" I questioned.

The figure did not answer my question. Instead, it kept repeating my name.

"Margie. Margie. Margie Morgan." The voice sounded...robot-like.

"What do you want with me?"

"Margie. Margie. Margie Morgan."

"Please!" I shrieked. "What do you want?!" I was getting sick of the person - whoever it was - repeating my name. I know my own name. Jeez!

"Margie. Margie. Margie Morgan."

Without realizing it, I began to cry. This person was aggravating. He or she was not answering me and just staring at me with those eyes.

Bright red eyes.

"Margie. Margie..."

Make it stop. Please.

"...Margie!"

"AH!" a loud cry escaped from my throat. "Stop. Stop! Stop saying my name!"

"I would not have had to say your name repeatedly if you had woken up sooner."

"Huh?" I turned - and saw Lean floating next to me.

"You should have seen yourself," Lean said. "You were sleeping ever so sweetly."

Sleeping? I looked around. We were still in the medical room, and I was still lying in the chair. But the figure was nowhere in sight.

"Where were you?" I asked the ghost girl.

"Where was I? Why, I was here with you," she stated. "I was doing surgery on your waist while you were fast asleep, and might I say, it was a success. You are going to be just fine."

Hold on. She did surgery on me while I was asleep? When did I fall asleep? After she explained on the Colnoxes, the figure came.

"The surgery did not take long," the ghost added. "Only ten minutes."

Ten minutes? How could she possibly do surgery in ten minutes?

"Where is it?" I wondered.

"Where is what?" Lean also wondered.

"The figure."

"What figure?"

"Somebody came in this room, grabbed ahold of my face, and said my name over and over."

"Huh? When?"

"After you explained about the Colnoxes."

She crossed her arms. "That is impossible because I was putting you to sleep while I was explaining my reasonings on the Colnoxes. As soon as I told you who might be responsible, you fell asleep."

Wait, what?

"I do not remember you making me go to sleep."

"You were more intrigued about my answers than getting put to sleep. That is probably why."

That did not sound like me.

"The figure...it was here!" I proclaimed. "The figure was here!"

"Not again, Margie," the ghost girl said sadly. "You already did this earlier. You thought that a doctor was in the room when we came in. Dr. Hugo Maxwell."

Dr. Hugo Maxwell? Yes! I remember now! That was the guy who pushed me down! I did not slip. I was pushed.

"I am not seeing things, Lean," I told her. "There was a figure. Dr. Maxwell was real too. And I should know. You and him know each other."

Lean slowly shook her head. "Margie, I have no idea what you are talking about," she said. "I do not know anyone named Dr. Maxwell."