Chapter Seven

"Man, Margie. You had me worried back at security," Scarlett said. "I really thought there for a minute that you actually brought along your crossbow. Turns out, the security guard who saw your stack of monster comics really liked those comics also."

I shook my head. "I know that I left my crossbow at home," I replied. "However, I was pretty scared too. I thought that I was going to be in major trouble, but he just wanted to comment on my comic books."

"Me too," Sarah piped up. "I brought so many bags, but the security guards let me through without any problems."

"Well, nobody got in trouble," my sister told us. "And that is what is important."

"Yep," I agreed and turned to Sarah. "What did you bring anyway?"

"Lots of things," she quickly responded.

"Like...what?"

"Are you sure that you want me to tell you?"

"Of course. It cannot be that bad."

A huge grin spread across her face. Uh-oh. This was not a good sign. Plus, it was creepy.

Really, really creepy.

"All of my Star Battles 54 stuff!" she exclaimed excitedly.

A couple of people who were sitting near us looked at us and put a finger over their lips, telling us to be quiet. "Sorry," I whispered and frowned at her. "Sarah, you need to keep quiet. It took us a long time to get on this plane, and I certainly do not want to get kicked off. And I think that Scarlett does not want to either."

"My bad," she apologized. "I just get very happy when I mention Star Battles 54 or anything that is related to it, like Dark Victor, and he is my most favorite fictional character of all time!"

Oh, boy. Look at what I got myself into.

"Okay, okay." I sighed. I did not want to get in an argument with Sarah. She was a true Star Battles 54 fan and also my sister's best friend, and I was not about to get kicked out of the airplane.

If you could not tell by now, I do not like Star Battles 54. Scarlett does not mind it, but I loathe it. The toys. The movies. The fandom. Everything that has to do with Star Battle. And I get mad when someone says how much that they love Star Battles 54. How much that they adore and would do anything for it. Call me stupid. Call me a moron. But we are all different and entitled to our own opinions.

To be fair, I gave Star Battles 54 a chance and tried my best to watch one of the movies. To me, it was so boring. I kept falling asleep. It was terrible. I had to watch the Goose-Flesh movie three times in order to wake up. Unlike Star Battles 54, Goose-Flesh was interesting and still is.

"Uh, sis?" Scarlett spoke. I turned to look at her and noticed that she was holding Sarah. "Someone is sick...again."

"Oh, no," I said sadly. "You were sick four times already, Sarah." I could see that her face was beginning to turn green, and she groaned in pain as she held her stomach.

Then we heard the captain over the intercom. "Attention, passengers. This is your captain speaking. We will be landing in five minutes. Please remain in your seats."

"I...I have to go to the bathroom..." Sarah stated.

"Did you not hear what the captain said?" I said. "We  have to stay in our seats."

"...I...am sick..."

"Can you not wait until we get to the airport?"

Her cheeks puffed up, and she covered her mouth and whimpered.

"I do not think that she can," my sister said. She got up and held Sarah close to her. "We will be back in a few minutes, Margie." She helped Sarah to the restroom.

I let out a heavy sigh. Poor Sarah.

As soon as the airplane had landed, the people almost immediately got out of their seats, grabbed their suitcases, and started heading towards the exit. They could not wait. They had a place to be at, like me.

I looked out the window and saw the Forlot airport. From the looks of it, it was pretty small and very old. Rusty doors that were unlocked were gently swaying in the breeze, and dirty windows were only half-opened.

Why was that? Are they not concerned about keeping the place secured and the people safe?

I shrugged. Maybe they have their reasons.

I stayed in my seat, waiting for Scarlett and Sarah, as everyone else left the plane. A flight attendant came to me and asked why I was still sitting down.

"I am waiting for my sister and a friend of hers," I answered her.

"You can wait in the airport." She had a bit of an attitude.

"They should be coming back shortly. Please."

The flight attendant crossed her arms. "Either you leave, or I will remove you myself."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. I will leave. Happy?"

"Oh, filled with joy."

I grabbed my backpack from under the chair and hurried out of the plane. I took a step into the airport - when someone grabbed me. The person shoved me against the wall and frowned. "You should not have come here."

I gasped. It was Dr. O'Connor.