Chapter- Crocodile Tears

Davina woke the next morning to Sweet Pea sitting at the end of the bed staring at the wall. She sat there and smiled for a moment before crawling forward and placing her arms around his waist and putting her head on his shoulders kissing his neck.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," he said smiling before giving her a small kiss on the lips.
"Why not?" she said in a seductive voice before doing it again that is when he flipped her around so she was lying on her back and he kissed her a bit roughly causing her to moan a bit.
"Because, my neck is a trigger spot for other things." He said sitting up again.
She bit her lips when he wasn't looking and smiled "Noted," she giggled softly as she laid her head against his back while he was texting someone.
"Comfortable?" A voice said sharply at the door causing them both to jump.
"FP, it's not..."Sweet Pea said quickly causing Davina to give him an annoyed look before looking back at FP.
"Yeah, it doesn't look like he stayed with me all night and kept me company." She said before standing up and walking away.
"D, I didn't mean it like that." He shouted after her before sighing looking at FP.
"Look, that girl is important to me, she is like my own child. I'll allow this because she looks happy, but you hurt her and I will have no choice but to kill you." FP said half joking before walking out after Davina who was now dressed in clothes that FP had picked up for her.

"Were they home?" She asked him staring at some of her stuff
"Yes," he said with a sad voice "I might have hit Henry a few times." He said looking at the ground causing Davina to smile. "They know you're staying with me, and they agreed that was best and we had these drawn up."

Davina looked confused for a second "How the hell did you have time for this last night?"
"I have my ways," he smiled as she threw her arms around him.
"Does Juggie know yet?" She asked quickly
"Nope, figured you'd like to tell him," he said as Davina let go of him.

*Phone Call*
Jug: Hey Davy
Davina: Hey, so I have some news, meet me at pops?
Jug: I'm at the Wyrm now, i'll be a few hours.
Davina: No problem, I think we were headed there first anyways.
Jug: Who is we?
Davina: Guess you'll have to wait and see.
She then quickly hung up on him and ran into the room where Sweet Pea was bare chested changing into some clothes FP let him borrow. Davina caught her breath suddenly at the sight of his abs and then she diverted her eyes elsewhere.
"Enjoy the show?" He said smirking at her.
"Shut up," she said before grabbing her bag.

When they got to the Wyrm Davina expected Sweet Pea to pretend they didn't have feelings for each other, instead when they walked in he had her hand in his and didn't let go until she took off the see Jughead.
"Jug!" She shouted
"Hey! Now where is this 'we' you speak of?" He smiled as she just shrugged "the hell happened to you? You look like shit!"
"That's what I came to tell you. Due to my parents behavior, FP is my legal guardian. If my parents want me back they have to go to court and fight it, which they won't. So I'll be stay at the trailer." She smiled.
"So you traded two alcoholics for another?" He looked confused.
"Yeah except your dad at least has some control and he isn't an abusive asshole. He also took care of me when my parents couldn't." She raised her voice a bit.
"I don't even live there, D! That should tell you something." he growled.
"You're right, I'm sorry. I'll just go back to my moms and hope that this" she said pointing at all her bruises "doesn't happen again, or worse."
"Davina..."Jughead said sighing
"No Jughead. It's either FP's, the hell house, or I have to leave Riverdale to live with random people." She said pissed off now that Jughead couldn't just be happy she was safe.
"That last option doesn't sound terrible," he said "but.." Davina's eyes filled with tears instantly and she stepped back from him shaking her head slowly.
"You'd rather I leave and never see me again then me live with your father?" She said dumbfounded.
"D..." he said reaching for her but she stepped back quickly.
"No, you need to get over your shit with your father. For fucks sake Jughead, his family left him and he's coping the only way he knows how. At least he still supports you, at least he'd never raise a hand to you...you need to get over yourself and actually make an effort to get to know your father, who by the way is a good man." She said before walking away and storming out of the Wyrm in tears, she didn't even say anything to Sweet Pea she just...left.

Sweet Pea noticed her absence rather quickly and started asking around only to discover she had stormed out, so he took off out the door after her. He hopped on his bike and took off looking for her, and when he saw her walking down the side he parked and ran to her.

"Davina!" he shouted but she kept walking "Davina!" he said again before grabbing her arms and turning her to face him and that is when he saw her crying.
"What?" she said harsher than she meant to.
"What happened?" He was confused.
"Nothing, I'm fine." She started to walk away again.
"I know you're lying," he pulled her closer to him.
"My best friend is an asshole and would rather I leave town or live with my parents then with FP, his father." she choked back tears saying that "I mean, maybe I should just go back home and deal with my parents, it's not fair to invade his home. It just sucks knowing that your own family doesn't want you and your best friend doesn't even want you to be apart of his family. I guess i'm just meant to be alone." she said staring at the ground.
"No, you are going to stay with FP and you are not alone, you have me." he said hurt.
"How long though? Huh! How long until you get tired of being with the Northsider? How long until you decide you don't like me because of where I am from, or until you decide our worlds are too different?" she said not being able to hold back tears any longer. He just looked at her, he didn't have a response because she was right. How long until their worlds took their "relationship" away.

"Lack of response is a response," she said faking a smile and patting his chest before she started walking away. He didn't stop her instead he just stared at her as she walked away, not knowing how to comfort her or how to make it better because he knew being a serpent and being with her would be almost impossible.

A few days had gone by and she hadn't spoken to either Sweet Pea or Jughead. When at school she sat alone and she didn't see either of them while she was at work. During school she'd glance at the area where her friends were and occasionally she'd catch Jug looking at her too. She had left FP's and gone back home, she knew that was what was best for FP and his son.

"I can't stay," she said trying not to cry.
"What? Why?" FP said frantic "did I do something? I cleaned up the house for you, I was going to see if Jug wanted to come back."
That broke Davina's heart in two and she let out a sob "because FP...Jughead didn't take it well. If I stay I'll ruin any chance at a relationship you have with him and I can't be the reason for your broken family, when I'm already the reason for mine." Before he could respond she walked out quickly and headed home.

Her parents had gone out to dinner with some friends, surprisingly they had apologized for everything and swore to do better, they had even gone to an AA meeting. That was until she was standing in the kitchen and saw red and blue lights in front of her house. When she opened the door, there stood Sheriff Keller.

"Davina Nix," he said apologetically
"Yes sir?" She said her mind racing and confused.
"I'm here to escort you to the hospital," he said reaching for her hands.
"Are they" she paused not wanting to finish the question and Sheriff Keller just nodded.

When they got to the hospital they took her down to the morgue where she had to identify the bodies. She sat there staring at her lifeless family, and she felt free, alone, sad, angry, and broken all at once. When she left the hospital she just walked in the dark and alone, she had cried a lot, but was it for her loss or the fact she had nowhere to go?

She finally reached a destination and it was Pops. She walked inside to the counter in a way that could only be described as zombie-like, her body was there but her mind was gone. She got to the counter and order a drink from Pop.

What she didn't know was that a few booths down Archie, Veronica, Betty, and Jughead were all staring at her.
"What do you think is wrong with her?" Veronica whispered.
"Should we go over there?" Archie asked everyone.

Everyone just stared at each other and the looked back at her as they saw her head go down and tears trickle onto the counter top and Pop handed her a drink to go. She turned away from the counter and towards the door before someone stopped her, held her should in a comforting way and left. That is when Davina lost it and sank to the ground in tears. Before the kids could run over Sheriff Keller came through the door and over to Davina.

"D, I know this is a hard time for you but I have to take you back to the station until we can find a place for you to stay." He grabbed her arms and lifted her up. As they walked out Kevin walked in and over to where his friends were sitting.

"Kev, what happened?" Betty asked him as he was sitting down.
"Seriously? I thought you'd all know before I did." He said looking confused "wait, you really don't know?
They all shook their heads at him.
"Her parents died in a car crash a few hours ago. She's gonna be transferred out of Riverdale into a foster home." he said sadly.
Jughead immediately stood up and left Pops.

*Phone call*
Voice: Ahh, so you still remember me.
Jughead: Dad you need to get to the Sheriffs station, now.
FP: Why?
Jughead: Rose and Henry died in a crash...they're about to send D away.
The line went silent before the call ended all together.

"Where are you going, Jug?" Betty demanded.
"To save my best friend," he spoke as if it was obvious before jumping on his bike and taking off down the road.

Jughead and FP got there at the same time storming into the sheriffs office.
"We need to see Sheriff Keller, now." FP demanded and then they were escorted to the back where the Sheriffs personal office was.
"FP, Jughead. What can I do for you?" He sounded tired.
"We are here to get Davina,"Jughead said handing over the guardianship papers "my dad was named her legal guardian before her parents died."

"D," a voice shouted as she looked up and saw Jughead running towards her. She forgot all the anger she had towards him and melted into his arms and cried.
"I don't want to leave, Jug. I want to stay." her body was trembling.
"Good, because you're coming with us," FP said from behind them startling her.

Instead of going straight home they went to the Wyrm as the all agreed that she could use a distraction. When they got there FP cleared a pool table for them and set it up and went to get them drinks. She was content, the void in her heart was disappearing.

Sweet Pea appeared with another man beside him, he didn't say anything to Davina even though he so badly wanted to hold her and wipe away those tears and help her with whatever was causing her pain.
"Hey, who are you?" A older man asked her
"Names Davina, Davina Nix." She said holding her hand out.
"Tall Boy, you said your last name was Nix? Like your father was Boomer Nix?" He smirked.
"Yeah, I'm surprised anyone still remembers him." She smiled, she never knew her father but she was happy to hear someone talk about him.
"Ah, the man who took Rose McCoven from FP Jones, he was a good man." Tall boy said reminiscing.
"I'm sorry, 'took' Rose?" She was beyond confused "My mom hates FP, and you said they were together?"
"Yeah, FP and Gladys split for a bit before she knew she was pregnant. FP and Rose hooked up a bit before she got with Boomer and left FP. They got together around August I guess finding out Gladys was pregnant put a lot of strain on their relationship. Too bad Rose was pregnant too, she would of had the baby around..."
Davina started breathing heavily and looked at both Sweet Pea and Jughead with a panicked expression "February..." she said softly.
"Yeah! February 2002," he said proud of himself "how'd you know?"
Jughead looked at her with his eyes widened.
"My birthday is February 16," she said suddenly feeling nauseous before locking onto FP who was standing at the bar and she stormed over there.

"My name should be Davina Jones....right?! Not Davina Nix." She said angrily "You are my father."
FP turned slowly and locked eyes with her "Davina," he said her name as if it was painful and and just nodded and he expected her to be angry, hit him even. Instead, she threw her arms around him.
"Why aren't you yelling at me?" He said confused.
"You have always been there for me, every time I needed you. You were always and active part of my life, you were always my safe spot. You've always been my dad, I love you." She said brushing a stray tear away from FPs eye as he pulled her in and held her tighter than ever.

"You need to change the papers," she joked "instead of legal guardian it should say 'Biological father' so that way they can't take me away," she smiled.
"We'll go first thing in the morning," he let out a sign of relief.
"I want to change my name, too." she added in suddenly.
"What?" He sounded surprised
"Nix isn't my father, you are and I want your last name, my real last name. I'm not ashamed of you, I'm proud of you and I want to display that." She said before kissing his cheek and walking away.