Chapter 50: Realizations

I began walking through the streets of Riverdale. Chaos has taken over the town in only a matter of moments. The sirens had recently gone off alerting everyone that we were on lockdown. Hiram Lodge had successfully managed to block the rest of the world from reaching our small town.

I made my way to the trailer and busted open the door only to realize it was too quiet. I began to panic when I heard footsteps behind me, I quickly turned around to see Travis standing there with a sad look on his face.

"Dad and Jug were out of town when the quarantine happened," he said quietly

I took a moment to process what that meant and a sigh of relief came over me. Not that I didn't want them here, because I did. However, this gave me some time to collect myself without their pressure.

I nodded before heading to my room. Everything was exactly how I left it. My hand trailed my sheets as memories flooded through my head. Reggie and I and of course Sweet Pea and I. I laid on my bed and slowly drifted off into a deep sleep.

When I woke up it was morning time, I hadn't slept that well in a very long time. I had my freedom back, and not just my freedom from the sisters but freedom of my mind.

I crawled out of my bed and began getting ready for my day. For the first time in a long time my mind was at ease and I felt happy. I felt guilty for feeling happy but I was happy nonetheless.

I got into my bike and I began to soak in the feeling, revving the engine and melting to the sound. I popped in my helmet and I took off. To feel the wind against my body, and the adrenaline from taking turns too fast, I couldn't stop. I kept going as fast as I could.

Finally I halted my bike at the entrance to the quarry. I made my way to the water and I sat there with the wind kissing my skin and my fingers playing in the dirt.

Standing up from my position I began to shed my clothes until I was left in my underwear. Just as my feet were about to hit the water I heard a voice behind me and I froze.

"It's going to be cold,"

I stared at the water for a long moment before turning to face him. This was the first time I had been undressed in front of a male since the incident. The first time he saw me undressed since seeing me naked and brutalized.

I didn't care.

I immediately began to cry.

"What?" He panicked "what's wrong?"

"I'm practically naked," I shouted

"I'm aware?" He said in a confused tone

"Sweet Pea, I'm practically naked..." I repeated

"Yeah...I know,"

"I'm standing in front of you practically naked," I said again

"We've established this, D. Why do you keep repeating that?"

I just looked up at the sky and took a deep breath before turning around and continuing into the quarry.

Sweet Pea stood there staring at me and I dunked myself under water and came up and looked at him.

"What are you doing? Get undressed and come in,"

"Wha..Oh!!" He said excitedly now realizing what our previous conversation was about

He quickly undressed and joined me in the water, but he made sure not to get too close.

"You're practically naked," he smiled "and you're okay with it."

"Took you long enough,"

————-
Sweets and I sat by a fire to dry off as we talked about many things, he was very careful about what he chose to bring up.

"I tried to rescue you," he said quietly

I looked up at him and studied his face for a long moment. The sun was setting and the shadows of the flames were dancing across his skin.

"I'm sorry I couldn't, I failed you"

"Pea," I said softly as I pressed my hand against his "you could never fail me."

He stared at my hand for a long moment, he wasn't expecting any type of physical connection.

I slid closer to him, my body was now pressed against his for warmth and even comfort. I rested my head on his shoulder as we watched the fire in silence for a long time.

"You're the only person I wanted after the incident," I whispered so quietly he thought he imagined my words.

He looked down at me as he studied my features

"You're the only person who never looked at me like I was damaged goods after that. You're the one person who should have, but you didn't,"

"Davina, you're not even close to damaged goods. You're the strongest person I've ever met,"

"You're the only person I've been okay making physical contact with....I crave it," I whispered the last part

I pushed my head forwards slowly and cautiously. This was a very dangerous move, even for me.

He didn't move, I think he was trying to figure out what he was supposed to do. My lips then connected with his and it was as if a bomb exploded in my chest.

All the bad feelings disappeared, all the pain, guilt, and disgust I felt was gone. I never thought I could feel this way again, but he's always been the one to save me.

He leaned down and my hand hit the ground to hold me in place before I let it give out. His body hovered above mine as he kissed me. Then he stopped.

"I can't," he said

"It's okay, I get it." I said as I sat up "nobody wants to girl who..."

He cut me off before I could finish

"It's not that," he said quickly "I just don't want to risk making you uncomfortable, i couldn't live with myself if I caused a trigger for you,"

I sat up, practically on his lap as this point as I pressed my hands against his face so he was forced to stare at me.

"Sweet Pea, when I kiss you, when I touch you, talk to you, or lay by you, everything else disappears."

He then gently pressed his hand against my cheek before running his thumb along my cheekbone and tucking a piece of hair behind my ear and smiling, one of those smiles that you can feel hit your soul.

I loved him. I never stopped loving him.