Chapter 19- Cara

It had been about a month since Davina had disappeared and left everyone in her past. Sweet Pea and the rest of the Serpents had been settling in nicely in Riverdale High, well as nicely as possible. Sweet Pea and Reggie had gotten in to a few fights. For the most part however, they had calmed things down.

Jughead never stopped looking for his sister but she seemed to have vanished into thin air. He searched Riverdale and Greendale high and low and he finally gave up. Understanding she had probably fled the area completely. Travis and Toni's relationship grew stronger as they both clung to each other even more now that they had more time together.

FP found himself fighting harder than ever to keep from drowning himself in alcohol but he knew he needed to stay strong that if he allowed it to consume him, his daughter would blame herself. Shouldn't she?

Riverdale kept going, time kept going, and every day her disappearance hurt them a little less. Sweet Pea even found himself getting cozy with a girl name Cara he met in science class. She had chocolate hair and chocolate eyes and she was stunning.

When his final class was over Cara was there to greet him

When his final class was over Cara was there to greet him. He threw his arm around them and the left the school side by side. When they got down to the rest of the crew the stood around and talked for a bit before she kissed him goodbye and went to her car. Nobody commented on his relationship with her especially being so soon after Davina left because they knew it wasn't fair to expect him to wait for her to come back.

Later that night there was a knock at his door and when he opened it he discovered Cara standing there smirking at him. He scooped her up into his arms and carried her downstairs throwing her onto his bed and kissing her neck causing her to giggle.

"God you're beautiful," he said staring at her and she just bit her lip "don't do that." he laughed and she did it again challenging him.

He woke up in the middle of the night to his phone buzzing violently and when he answered it he became even more annoyed.

"What Fangs!" he snapped

"FP said he needs us all at the Wyrm, Asap."

Sweet Pea sighed heavily knowing that it must be important if FP is summoning them in the middle of the night. The entire way there his stomach was in knots because all he could think was that Davina was back, what if she was back? When he got there though FP stood in the middle of the bar with Tall Boy.

"Tonight, there was an attack on some of our men...this attack was part of a ghoulie initiation. We are officially at war," FP said sternly "This means, if you are on the South Side you must always be in pairs, absolutely under no circumstances should you be alone unless you are in the safety of your own home."

All the serpents shouted and hollered hateful things about the ghoulies and then they finished the night with drinking heavily and partying. Sweet Pea snuck out of the Wyrm and headed back to his place. When he got there Cara was still asleep in his bed. He stripped and got back into bed wrapping her tightly in his arms.

The next day at school Sweet Pea and Cara sat in the student lounge where they talked to Veronica, Betty, and Kevin. As much as Sweet Pea hated North Siders he found the company of some of them relaxing and comforting. Cara turned and faced him both of her knees straddling either side of his legs she then began to kiss him roughly and an all out make out session began on the couch, causing the others to gag and joke.

Everyone was happy that he found peace and happiness with someone new. They knew it was best and that a happy Sweet Pea made for a happy life for everyone else. However, they did find it rather annoying how attached Cara was and how she wanted to be everywhere he was. She wasn't challenging to be with though, she was easy, calm, and happy and the almost never fought.

Jughead invited them over for a movie and game night with Toni, Travis, Betty and Fangs. When they got there Betty immediately greeted Cara and Sweet Pea greeted his friends. FP was there briefly before leaving to go to the Wyrm.

"Hey Sweets," FP waved "Hey...Cara."

FP wasn't the only one who disliked Cara, Travis did too. He hated the fact she was around, he hated that she was at his house, he hated that she was with Sweet Pea. He knew it was because he felt bad for his Twin sister and he felt guilty for allowing it to happen. He knew though Davina would never have forgiven him for stopping Sweet Pea from having happiness so he put on a smile and pretended to be happy.