Chapter 18- Farewell

The next morning Davina was walking down the hall when she saw Veronica and Archie standing at a table waiting to greet the newcomers. That's when the doors opened and in walked a few of her favorite Serpents...including Sweet Pea.

For a brief moment her heart stopped and she wanted to run into his arms, but she didn't

For a brief moment her heart stopped and she wanted to run into his arms, but she didn't. Instead she stood there silently in the background, unsure of what to do. I mean it's not like she didn't belong with the serpents, but she felt out of place for some reason.

When they got to the table she watched as Veronica said something to them and she slowly made her way towards the table. Sweet Peas eyes glancing over her body, taking it all in. She suddenly felt even smaller, but she didn't understand why. Moments passed as Veronica finished speaking and then Cheryl and the bulldogs showed up.

"Nobody invited Southside scum to our school," Cheryl said crossing her arms Reggie and the bulldogs behind her. Reggie bit his lip staring at Davina who rolled her eyes at him and stepped back a bit towards the serpents. "Listen up ragamuffins, I will not allow Riverdale Highs above average gpa to suffer because of classrooms that are overcrowded with under achievers. So please do us all a favor and find some other school to debase with your hard scrabble ways."

"Why don't you come over here and say that to my face!" Toni said while walking towards Cheryl

"Happily queen of the buskers!" Cheryl snapped back as Archie stepped in

"Can we just put our north side south side differences aside? Start over?" Archie said

"You don't speak for the bulldogs, Andrews. I need I remind you these greaser snakes showed up at your place trying to kick your ass."

"Might as well finish what we started!" Sweet Pea said walking towards Reggie before being held back

"Don't worry," Reggie said while stepping towards Davina and brushing a hair from her face as she leaned backwards "this one can stay. I'll be sure to show her a real good time."

Sweet Pea threw himself towards Reggie in a fit of anger before Veronica cut in and said something that nobody really paid attention to.
Weatherbee then showed up and dismissed everyone. Davina began walking away before Sweet Pea pulled her aside.

"What are you wearing?" He said sharply as Davina looked down at herself