Chapter 12- Promise

**LONG CHAPTER***

"Davina can you come here for a second?" Henry called for her a bottle of beer in his hand. As the 10 year old girl walked up to him.

"There you are, look your mom and I are going out tonight, so you and Travis will be on your own."
"Can we go to Juggies house?" She asked sweetly
"Absolutely not, and don't ask again!" Henry shouted at her.
"But he's my friend," she said with a pouty face.
"No, now go away!" Henry shouted at her.

Davina walked upstairs to where Travis was playing video games and sat beside him.
"They're going out tonight, we are gonna be alone." She said angrily
"Can we go to Jugs?" Travis asked hopeful
"Henry said no," she was really upset.
A few minutes later the twins walked downstairs to ask their parents for food, only to discover they were already done. They opened the fridge hoping there was something they could make but there was just random pieces of food and beer.

There stomachs started to growl but they went on with their lives, it wasn't the first time they'd go without eating. It was around midnight and their parents still weren't home, and Davina was in tears because she was so hungry. Finally, she picked up the phone and dialed a number.
"Hello?" A raspy voice spoke
"Mr. Jones," She said softly
"Davina? Are you okay? Why are you calling?" He said worried
"Mom and Henry went out earlier today and they still aren't back," she was cut off by FP
"I'm on my way, princess." He said aggravated before he hung up.
When he pulled up Travis and Davina were holding hands and walking to the truck. They climbed inside and Davina slid in the middle and leaned against FP.

When they got back to his house Gladys had already prepared food for them to eat, knowing that they had been left without food. In the middle of the night Davina had a nightmare and she ran into FP and Gladys's room and climbed into bed with them. FP wrapped his arms around the curl who fell asleep almost immediately.

When they woke up Gladys had prepared food for them and laid out clothes for them to wear. She was always so kind to them, she was always very motherly. Around 11am there was a knock at the door and Davina and Travis looked at Jughead almost terrified, because they knew they weren't supposed to go to Jugheads house. The knocking became angrier and FP opened the door as calmly as possible.

"Where are my children?"Henry shouted bursting through the door.
"They are not your children," FP snapped when Henry bursted into the house he saw Davina and Travis sitting on the floor in the living room.

Henry ran over to the kids ripping them up by the arms and dragging them out of the house. Davina screamed and was in tears as she gripped onto FP who was trying desperately not to break Henry's nose.

The Nix children got inside their house only for Henry and Rose to scream and scream at them. The were hit a few times and sent to their room to stay for the day. Davina curled up in Travis's arms and cried. She cried for the family at the trailer, the family she wished was hers, she wanted to run away there with Travis and get away from all of the pain.

The next morning Davina woke to head a familiar voice so she slowly left her room to see him leaving the house. She could tell he had been arguing with her mother, Rose and probably even Henry. She stood at the glass door with her hands against it looking out after him, he turned and looked back and his eyes were sad and full of longing. She opened the door and called his name running and hugging him tightly.

"Go back inside, Squirt. You're Mom isn't going to be happy you came out to see me." He said squeezing her tightly before turning her towards the door.