Chapter 22- lazarus

Davinas eyes looked up slowly to see the doctors staring at Sweet Pea in shock. They began checking his vitals and then they looked at Davina.

"Miss Jones," The doctor paused "we are going to take him for tests. He shouldn't have made it."

"Yeah, that seems to be a pattern with us." She smiled as she stood up and placed a kiss on the sleeping Sweet Peas lips.

Davina and FP sat in the room for a long time waiting for the doctors and Sweet Pea to return. When they finally did, it had to have been about 2 hours since they had taken him. They entered the room slowly and Davinas eyes shot straight to them. When they parked the gurney Davina pushed past the nurses and flung herself into Sweet Peas arms.

"I hate you," She said and he chuckled at her
"No you don't," he said tilting her head up and kissing him

When the doctors came back in they said Sweet Pea showed signs of infection in his blood which caused the sepsis which caused the earlier incident. They started him on antibiotics and some other meds and said he should be good to go in about 2 days. Davina was curled back into Sweet Peas arms as they watched a movie on the tv and FP sat in the chair beside the bed texting someone frantically.

"You want food?" FP asked suddenly, obviously looking for an excuse to leave.
"Yes please," the teens said at the same time
"Pizza?" He wuestioned and it was followed by a strong nod from the other two.

FP left to get pizza leaving Davina and Sweet Pea alone. They sat there for a bit and the nurse came in to check his vitals, which meant they had about an hour until another one came back, and the nearest pizza place was 20 minutes away, and They knew FP was going to make a pit stop.

"You know," Sweet Pea Gabe Davina a devilish grin "you know what would make me feel better?"

Davina turned to face him and saw his stupid face. "What?"

Sweet Pea then trailed his hands along her sides and then kissed her neck.

"Sweet Pea," she left out a soft moan from his kisses on her neck "you almost died."

"And you saved me," he said between his kisses "this will help me even more." Before she could protest any more his hands slid down her legs and then her clothes were coming off.

A few minutes after they finished FP walked in with Pizza and he just looked at them and rolled his eyes.

"Seriously?" He groaned "can you two at least pretend you are practicing abstinence?"

Davina gave an awkward smile to her father before straightening her hair and clothes. Sweet Pea just sat there with a proud grin on his face. FP passed them pizza and they all continued to watch the movie.

"Miss jones," a nurse poked her head through the door "there is a couple here asking to speak with you."

Davina looked at FP cautiously before sliding off the bed to walk out into the hospital hallway. When she got out of there she halted in her tracks and forgot how to breathe.

"No!" She shouted "you're not..."
"Baby," a woman's voice called "I've missed you."

FP felt uncomfortable leaving Davina to whoever it was so he left the room to join her. It took everything in him not to go over there and break their necks.

"Rose? Henry?" He questioned "I thought you died?
"No, just had to get away." Henry snapped

"Shame," FP and Davina said at the same time

"We are here to get our daughter back," Henry growled walking towards them

"You place one more foot towards her and I'll snap your leg like a twig," FP warned as he placed his body in front of Davinas "she's MY daughter. You will have no privilege of ever having her in your life again."