Chapter 38- He Left

Davina wandered the hospital. She was barefoot, and sad. She didn't really care that she was getting weird looks, and nobody dared tell her what to do. Princess of the Serpents meant she had a whole army behind her and most people knew about her temper.

They also knew she was a ticking tomb bomb, especially now that her brother was in the hospital. She wandered the halls until she got back to her brothers room. She walked in to see Travis sitting on the couch and FP talking to Jughead.

She immediately ran to the bed throwing herself onto him and hugging him tightly. Jughead returned the hug and he actually began to cry.

"Davy!! Your face!" He cried

"Don't I look beautiful," she smiled at him but watched as his face fell

"I can't believe they hurt you," he said as he brushed his thumb across her broken and bruised skin on her cheek.

"Well they actually tried to kill me," she said with an uncomfortable laugh.

"Cheryl's the only reason I'm alive," she said as she scratched her head "I'm making this worse. Sorry."

Jughead pulled her into his arms again and hugged her tightly.

"I shouldn't have let them take you, I should have made you leave!" He sighed

"We both know that wouldn't happen. You're not just my brother Jug, you're my best friend. There's no way in hell I would have left you." She said as she curled up on the bed beside him.

"Surprised your not with Sweet Pea," Jughead said as he raised his eyebrow at her

"Your safety's a little bit more important than hanging out with Sweet Pea," she said as she placed her head on his shoulder.

Truth is Davina was sort of avoiding Sweet Pea because she knew the conversation wasn't over. She knew he was mad and she didn't want to deal with that right now. What was important at this moment was making sure her brother was comfortable.

Later that day Jughead was cleared to leave and Davina began gathering their things from the room. FP and Jughead signed the release forms and they all began to exit the hospital.

Davina stared at her bike knowing that she had the freedom to go wherever she wanted in this moment, and so she chose...

She walked up to a door and froze before her knuckles tapped lightly against the wood.
A moment went by before it opened, and once it did she was greeted with a giant hug.

"Hey baby!" Her mother beamed

"Hey Mom," Davina smiled as she stepped through the door.

However, rose knew that look all too well, it was a look she passed down to her children. The look of "I'm pretending I'm okay but in reality I'm not but I don't want to talk about it" and Rose knew she couldn't avoid the subject.

"What's eating at you?" Rose asked as they made their way into the kitchen where Davina sat on the bar stool.

"Nothing," She said as she accepted the glass of tea from her mother.

"Davina Rosemary Jones," Rose snapped "I know when you're lying."

Davina stared at her mother for a second before looking down at her cup and sighing. The truth was Davina knew exactly what was wrong and she wanted to run from it.

"Sweets and I are fighting, that's all." Davina said honestly "and I'm just trying to avoid him for as long as I can."

"Baby, avoiding the situation will only make it worse. Trust me. Go face him. You two can get through anything." Rose said as she placed a hand on Davina's shoulder and kissed the top of her head.

Davina nodded before walking off the living room to watch tv.

When she got home the house was quiet and Davina dropped her keys on the counter and kicked her shoes off by the front door.

She made her way to her room where she discovered Sweet Pea still awake. He was sitting up and reading a book.

As the door closed behind Davina, Sweet Pea slowly lowered and looked at Davina. She just continued shuffling around the room where she changed her outfit and began prepping for the next day.

When she turned to face the bed Sweet Pea was staring at her and he had closed the book and set it on the nightstand. She leaned against the vanity, releasing a loud sigh before speaking.

"Okay, get it out of your system." She said and he just looked at her before standing up and walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?" She asked as she followed him into the living room.

"It's 2 in the morning. Now that I know you're safe and home I'm going to bed." He said as he walked towards the couch

"The beds in the room you just left." She said with a confused voice.

He turned to face her and he let out a long sigh. He wanted so badly to stay mad at her, to use this against her, to make her feel his pain for once, but when he looked at her face all those feelings disappeared.

"Tell me how to fix this," she said softly as her voice broke  "how to fix us."

He let out a long sigh before rubbing his face "I don't know."

He then turned and walked out of the house. She didn't follow him, instead she listened as his bike drove off.

The next morning Travis walked out of his room to see Davina sitting on the kitchen floor leaning against the counter facing the front door.

"Davy..." he said softly as he knelt beside her "why are you on the floor?"

"I wanted to be here Incase he came home," she said as she looked at her brother "and I can't sleep in my bed alone..."

She wasn't lying, the truth was without another person to sleep beside her in her room her mind would be tormented by nightmares. She hadn't had to worry about that for a while because Sweet Pea was always there.

"He didn't come home," she said as she looked at FP as he walked out of the room

"He actually left..."

Hey loves sorry for such a terrible delay in updating. My life has been so hectic it's not even funny. I'm trying to delay my updates as well due to the hiatus of the show.

I'm also thinking about doing a mini book on Sweet Peas POV I'm addicted so let me know your thoughts on that.