Chapter 16- Unsteady

They entered the hospital and Davina was immediately placed in a wheelchair and taken to a room. They began hooking her to all sorts of monitors and taking her blood, she didn't even have time to think. All she knew was that there was blood and she had slight pain in her abdomen.

Sweet Pea stood in the corner of the room looking at her with complete focus. He couldn't....wouldn't, take his eyes off her, for fear of even missing one second and something happening. He had a feeling of what was happening but he didn't want to believe it, he wanted to believe everything was going to be okay, and he told Davina just that....that everything was going to be okay. He lied though, because for once in his life he was absolutely terrified.

FP, Jughead, and Travis sat in the waiting area for some sort of news. All FP wanted to do was hold his little girls hand and comfort her. Eventually, the doctor had entered Davinas room and began talking to her. However, she only heard the first part before everything became muffled and she lost control of everything. The only words escaping her mouth being "get my dad."

Sweet Pea quickly left the room trying to contain the tears that had escaped and entered the waiting area where three very concerned Jones boys sat patiently waiting. He walked up to them and they all looked at him, FP catching on almost immediately.

"She's asking for you," he said to FP who stood up quickly and ran to her room. Sweet Pea too worked up to go into the room sat beside the other boys and let up a long sigh.

"What's going on?" Travis asked impatiently and Sweet Pea looked at his hands and choked on tears.

"She's losing the baby. Isn't she?" Jughead said cautiously and all Sweet Pea could manage as a response was a slight nod. Travis stood up quickly and ran to be by his sisters side, when he got to the room Davina was uncontrollably crying and holding on to FPs shirt for dear life. Travis ran the other side of her and climbed onto the bed wrapping his arms around her tightly and kissing the back of her head.

Toni and Fangs came by a few hours later and sat in the room talking with her and trying to keep her mind off the tragedy. Davina had stopped crying physically but mentally the tears were still pouring out. Sweet Pea was passed out on the couch and nobody disturbed him because it took Davina a very long time to get him to go to sleep.

In the middle of playing a game of UNO Betty, Archie, and Veronica showed up to visit her. Betty immediately throwing her arms around Davina, and the other two followed in pursuit. Toni and Fangs normally would have left but they refused to leave Davinas side. So for once Bulldogs and Serpents were playing nice.

Later that night everyone had left leaving Sweet Pea and Davina alone together. For the first time in what seemed like years they had moments of silence and peace with each other. Sweet Pea climbed into bed with Davina and held her in his arms while stroking her hair. She was in so much pain herself but she had forgotten to check on him.

"We are going to be okay," she said softly leaning against his neck

"I know," he said barely audible

"How are you holding up?" She said pulling his face to meet hers

"It hurts, really hurts. I'm just trying to keep myself together for you."

"Sweet Pea, if you need to cry then cry. If you need to scream and throw something, then do it. You're allowed to feel this pain and you're allowed to show it." She said tangling her fingers in his.

"I love you," he said softly before placing a kiss on her lips and she felt her cheeks become wet and his lips lingered on hers. That's when she realized he was breaking. She pulled him into her arms so that his head was resting on her chest and she stroked his hair. Until they both fell into a slumber.

She was woken up about an hour later by nurses taking more blood and checking her vitals. Sweet Pea woke up as well, he always did when they were together. Any noise and he was on alert, but when he was alone he could sleep through anything.

After the nurses had left Davina crawled out of bed to use the bathroom, making sure she put the stupid pee pot in the toilet. They had to measure it or something. She left the bathroom and another nurse was there and she went in after Davina to check to pot. She came back out almost immediately and looked at Davina with sad eyes.

"You've passed the baby," she said with a condoling voice and Sweet Pea placed a hand on Davinas shoulder as she lost her balance.

"Would you like to see it before we dispose of it?" The nurse said and Davina lost all color in her face.

"Dispose

"Dispose." Sweet Pea said in a mocking and pissed off tone. "That's our child's life that was lost and you're using that word as if you're getting rid of trash."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way." The nurse said trying to correct the damage

The next morning Davina woke up to find her bed was empty and so was her room. She was sad at first until she realized Sweet Pea was outside of the room talking to someone. She felt numb, and incomplete. She held onto her stomach remembering what it felt like with the baby and the difference now. Feeling both the physical and mental differences.

Sweet Pea walked back into the room and sat down next to her. Davina thought he was saying something but she couldn't make it out or find the ability to respond. Instead she sat there and remembered saying goodbye to what was her child. She began to sob uncontrollably again as FP walked into the room, Sweet Pea tried to comfort her but it wasn't helping. FP managed to calm her a bit but not much.

The nurses had come in and given her papers to sign, releasing her from the hospital. When she had gotten home she stood in her doorway and it suddenly didn't feel right. She looked at the edge of the bed and all she saw was the memory of telling Sweet Pea she was pregnant, she saw the bathroom and thought of sitting with Toni on the floor, and the kitchen table where she told her father. This house held all the memories of what could have been, what should have been. All she could think about was the cop pinning her against the lockers, all she could think was if that didn't happen would she still be pregnant?

FP woke up in the middle of the night and found Davina sleeping on the couch. At some point in the night Sweet Pea had left. FP walked over to the couch and nudged her awake.

"Princess," he whispered and she just mumbled "do you want to go to your room?"

"No," she responded quietly truth is being in there hurt her. She needed time to adjust and that room held too many memories, too many what ifs, and too many should haves. For now she wanted to sleep on the couch and try to not hate herself.

"Are you alright?" He said softly and she just opened an eye and looked at him "you know what I mean."

"No," she said again "and I don't know when I will be."

FP gave her a sad look and kissed her head before heading back to his room. Leaving Davina alone again, and she slowly fell back go sleep. Reliving the day of the arrest and miscarriage in her nightmares. FP barely awake felt a body slide into bed beside him and that's when he realized it was Davina. He was her safety blanket, the only thing that made everything feel okay, even when it wasn't.