Chapter 7- Survivor

She walked inside stepping over beer cans and trash. Sighing heavily and trying not to look back at Sweet Pea, who must think poorly of her now. She walked up the stairs to her room and sat on her bed staring at all her things. Sweet Pea stood in the door way looking at her.

"What are you thinking?" He asked her as he crossed his arms.
"That my life is a mess, and how you must think of me now that you've seen this." She said honestly.
"Why would any of this matter to me? You didn't have a choice to be here, you weren't them." He sat down beside her and put his arm around her.
"So many memories here, 99% of them bad, but that 1% makes this hard." She said as she began packing her things. After she had cleared her room she headed to the room beside hers.

She place her hand on the doorknob before taking a deep breath and holding back tears. She opened it to reveal a boys room. She packed all his things and headed down stairs, gathering pictures of her mother before she met Henry. She could never blame her mother for anything, she always blamed Henry, he ruined her, he ruined everything. Sweet Pea helped her pack everything into the storage truck she rented and they took off.

"Babe," he spoke softly "Whose room was that?"
"My brothers," she smiled sadly "we were twins. He left a while back, he couldn't handle it any longer so he disappeared. Never to be heard from again." She leaned against Sweet Pea who wrapped his free arm around her rubbing her back gently.

"D, I have been searching for you everywhere," Jughead said picking the girl up off the ground.
"I needed to clear my head," she said looking at the ground.
"Toni told me what happened at Pops," he said clenching his fists.
"It's okay Jug, it's okay." She smiled hugging him again.

A few weeks had gone by since Davina and Sweet Pea had gotten in that fight outside of Pops. She had actually become friends with Fangs, and she had gotten her serpent jack and so did Jughead. FP was rather pissed by it but they didn't care too much. Lunch time was awkward for them because they had to sit with Sweet Pea.

Davina was supposed to be meeting Jughead at the Wyrm but she was running behind. She was turning the corner on her bike when a truck ran onto the wrong side of the road hitting her. Causing her to fly off her bike and land 20 ft away. Another car who witnessed the accident stopped and called for the emergency team. Davina laid their motionless as she felt herself slipping away.
"Stay with me dear, help is on the way." a familiar voice said "HAL! Call Betty now." It was Alice Cooper.

She couldn't open her eyes but she head doctors and nurses screaming as they were pushing her gurney down the hall to the operation room. Meanwhile, Jughead was at the Wyrm with Toni and Sweet Pea waiting for his sisters appearance.

"Hello?" Jughead said answering Betty's call "Wait, what happened?" Jughead said panicked looking over at his friends. "Alright, i'm heading there now! If you hear anything before I get there let me know." Jughead was on the verge of tears as he looked at the other two serpents.
"A truck ran onto the wrong side of the road, he hit Davina." their eyes widened and Sweet Pea's heart shattered, "they said she's in really bad condition." They all took off to the hospital, when they got to the waiting room they saw Betty, Archie, Veronica, Kevin, Alice and Hal, Fred, and Hiram and Hermione Lodge. Archie threw his arms around Jughead who immediately broke down in tears.

"She's going to be okay," Archie said reassuringly "she's a survivor Jug, she always has been." Toni and Sweet Pea had sat down in the back trying to not to get in the way of the North Siders. Jughead was pacing back and forth for a while before Betty finally got him to sit down.

"Has anyone called the jail to have them inform FP?" Alice questioned.
"No, I was waiting until the doctors talked to us, so I knew what was happening." Jughead sighed holding back tears.

"Pea," Toni whispered
"Not now," he murmured
"Yes, now" She snapped
"What? You want to know what i'm thinking? I'm thinking she might die and she thinks I didn't care about her, which is a lie Toni. I care about her more than I've ever cared about anything in my life." Sweet Pea said choking back tears, Fangs showed up and sat beside them.

Not long after the doctors came out and walked over to Jughead.
"Jughead?" He questioned
"Yes, that's me. How's Davina?" He said frantically
"She's stable for now, she's not awake or breathing on her own. You can go in and see her now if you want," he said before pointing towards her room.
Jughead walked in slowly to see his little sister hooked up to all sorts of machines and covered in bruises and stitches. He sat down beside her holding onto her hand.
"Everyone is here, except Dad of course. I haven't told him yet, I wanted to make sure you were okay first. Sweet Pea is here too, he's really upset I even saw him shed some tears, even though he probably wouldn't admit it. We all want you to come back, D. Please come back." He sat there for about two hours waiting for her to wake up, until the others convinced him to go talk to FP. Sweet Pea sat down beside her and kissed her hand.

"What's up, Son? You look like shit." FP said worried.
"I don't know how to say this," Jug paused "there was an accident. Some drunk driver." Jug started to cry.
"Jug..."FP's eyes were wide.
"The driver drove onto the wrong side of the road hitting Davina. She's in critical care." Jughead said "I'm sorry, dad."
FP started crying almost immediately "You let me know as soon as you hear anything, boy." Jughead just nodded and left.

"Babe, I don't know if you can hear me. Even if you can i'm sure you're purposely staying asleep. I just want you to know, you aren't just a sex object to me, you aren't just some North Sider, I'd go to the depths of hell and back for you. Davina Jones, I love you." He cried placing his head down on the bed. Jughead walking in immediately after, only to let out a sob causing Sweet Pea to look up to see Davina staring down at him and trying to get the tube out of her throat. The nurses came in and removed the breathing tubes from her throat and she was met by Jughead throwing his arms around her.

"Why do I feel like I've been hit by a bus?" She groaned.
"You basically were," Toni joked.
"You are a miracle, Davina." the doctor said as he walked in "your injuries were very minimal, the only thing putting you in critical condition was the fact the force of the fall made your lung partially collapse. You must have one hell of a guardian angel." He said while checking her out before leaving the room. Toni and Jughead left to inform the rest of their friends.

"You wait until you think I'm dying to not be an asshole?" She said looking down at Sweet Pea who just looked at her with tears in his eyes.
"I..." he started to speak
"Oh shut up, and kiss me." She said. Her heart melting as his lips touched hers.

Davina was released two days later, and the first stop she made was to see her father. Jughead and Davina expected to be put at the phones but instead they allowed them to go in a conference room, due to the condition she was in, also so they could speak to his lawyer again. FP walked in expecting a meeting with the lawyer but broke down in tears when he saw Davina sitting there, he grabbed her and pulled her into his arms.
"I told you to tell me as soon as anything changed, Jug." He said kissing Davina's head.
"She wanted to surprise you," he shrugged "blame her."

"What's this about becoming a serpent?" FP snapped at both of them.
"It was my idea, Dad." she said looking at FP with sad eyes "I thought we could use them while you were away."

"Great news, you have a court case tomorrow," the lawyer said entering the room and looking at the banged up girl "The hell happened to you, Davina?"
"A truck decided to take on my bike," she shrugged "i'm fine though."

At the court case the next day, Cheryl gave some speech about forgiving my father for his part in Jason's murder, and talking about how Clifford threatened Jughead and Davina if he didn't take the blame. The Judge decided to call a delay and that they would revisit the case soon.

"Is that a win?" FP said as Jug placed as hand on his shoulder.
"It's a delay so...yeah!" Jug said as FP wrapped both his children in his arms.

Davina met Sweet Pea at Pops, she wasn't supposed to do a lot but she was tired of sitting around at home. Jughead and Betty were driving her insane.
"I love you too," she said softly while looking at her milkshake.
"What?" Sweet Pea said looking at her.
"I didn't say it back, but I love you too, Pea." She said smiling at him.
"I didn't think you heard me," he said leaning over and kissing her.

There was a chime over the door and she turned to see who it was, her heart stopping at the sight. "Travis..." she paused as the boys eyes linked on to hers.