Chapter 27- Need a head?

The Jones children were all dealing with the Penny Peabody-Serpent reunion and all the damage it could and was doing to their family. FP was beyond pissed off at Jughead and they had gotten in a huge fight about the vote that was happening. Jughead was dead set on finding the statue, and Davina was just trying to reassure Jughead that everything would be fine and that she wasn't mad at him.

See, Jughead was dead set on the fact Davina was mad at him because not only did Penny want Jughead out of the Serpents and his tattoo carved off she also wanted to do it to Davina simply because she watched it happen and refused to help. Never mind, the other serpents that were there, she only wanted to do it that way because Davina was a Jones.

Per usual Travis stayed out of the lime light and spent his time with Toni. She never really saw her twin much and they weren't as close as they once were, Davina supposed that was for the best though, especially after everything they had been through. Right now though, she was focused on saving her home.

Davina strolled around her house as she collected various items and then she went back into her room and got ready for Veronica's confirmation. She didn't really want to go but Jughead didn't want to deal with Betty on his own. So she put on a soft blue dress with a pair of black heels and made her curls look presentable before she exited into the living room.

"Well don't you look beautiful," Travis smiled at his sister

"Thanks Trav," she said as she gathered her things to leave

"You're not riding your bike in that are you?" He said lifting his eyebrow at her

"No you weenie, Jug and I are taking the truck." She smiled before walking outside to meet Jughead who was standing beside the truck

"You take forever," he groaned as they climbed inside

"I'm a lady. We like to take our time," she said as she shut the door behind her.

+

Davina found her way upstairs where she collided with Jughead who was watching the party below them. She placed her head on his shoulder knowing what he was thinking. She didn't say anything though, knowing he didn't want to hear it again. Instead, she allowed him to soak in the comfort of a sibling and silent reassurance that she wouldn't leave his side.

Betty had come up and talked to Jughead leaving Davina to step aside allow them to have some privacy. She knew all Jughead wanted was to have Betty back but now the Penny was in the picture again she knew he wouldn't allow himself to succumb to his wants.

As Davina was playing with a candle holder on the wall Jughead and Betty grabbed her and they left. It wasn't until after they got into the truck that he told her what was happening. Apparently, they were going to the dump where General Pickens head may or may not be. She hoped for their sake it was there and not someone messing around.

When they got to the dump they were met by the man who ran it. He asked them if they were searching for a head, which obviously they were but the question still weirded Davina out. He dropped the head onto the table before them and they discussed how it ended up at the dump and that's when the identity of the culprit came to light. 

"I fucking knew it," Davina said as they jumped into the truck

"We all did now just get a hold of Dad and tell him to meet us at the Wyrm," Jug said and Davina listened.

+

That night she discovered Tall Boy was the reason the Serpents were losing their homes because he decapitated the statue, staged a mutiny, and tried to get rid of the Jones rule over the Serpents. Davina had a lot of anger in her about it but at the same time she felt a great deal of pride that the Serpents stuck by Jughead and FP's side that the Jones rule couldn't be easily taken over.

So, Davina sat on her bed with her homework sprawled across it she paused for a long second and stared at the ring on her finger and let a ear-to-ear smile spread across her face. She thought about how when she first met Sweet Pea she barely thought they'd kiss let alone be engaged. She had heard so many stories about how he was an angry person who didn't really care about anyone's feelings or anything, how his only loyalties were with the Serpents, but she soon discovered that beneath that bay boy exterior was a soft,lovable, mushy, hopeless romantic and she couldn't help but admire that.

She knew that at any moment Sweet Pea would rip someones head off for her but at the same time he wouldn't hesitate to carry her on his back or cuddle her under the stars. Every single time she looked at the ring on her finger she remembered the fight they went through to get to where they were now. She was so helplessly in love with him and she didn't want it any other way.

"Speak of the Devil," she smiled as the tall boy emerged from the door way

"Were you speaking to yourself?" He said looking around her room to make sure it was clear

"I was admiring my ring and reminiscing," she said as he leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her lips and she held onto his jacket soaking in his scent and the warmth radiating from his body.

"I'm so in love with you," she whispered

"Baby, I've been in love with you since the day you ran into me," he said as he collected her homework and placed it on her desk.

He plopped down on her bed before pulling her into his arms and kissing her head "Tonight, I just want to hold you."

That's exactly what they did they sat in each others arms and fell asleep that way. Perfectly content without and sexual activities, perfectly content with the silence that filled them before sleep overcame them, Sweet Pea had spent his time tracing shapes on Davina's stomach as she did the same to his other hand.

Anyone who would have walked into that room would have stated that they witnessed true love.