Chapter 37- Torture

It was dark and crowded. She could tell she was in a trunk as she felt the car moving, what she didn't know was where they were going.

The car came to a halt and her heart began to race as she heard the doors shut and then voices. Wait...she knew those voices.

"Where is she?" FP demanded

"I'm sorry, you'll have to specify..." Penny chuckled

"Where is my daughter?" He growled

"Where is she!!" Sweet Pea snapped

"Bring her forward," Penny smiled

The trunk opened and Davina's eyes began adjusting to the light change. When she could see clearly she saw Malachi standing over her and smiling. He picked her up, throwing her over his shoulder and walking back towards the crowd. He dropped her tied up body to the ground...hard, and pulled her head up by her hair.

Her mouth was taped shut, and she had bruises and blood all over her face and body. Her eyes locked onto the serpent crowd and then onto her father and sweet pea.

"You still have time to surrender, FP. Give us what you want and I'll let her live." Penny chuckled again.

Davina tried saying something but couldn't due to the tape.

"What?" Penny said looking down at her and Malachi ripped the tape off her mouth.

"Fuck!" Davina snapped "They won't do it."

"Oh, I think they will. It's the only way to save you." Malachi said as he stroked Davina's cheek

"They won't do it if they have any respect for me. My life is not worth theirs. My life is not worth the destruction of everything they have. One life is not worth a hundred others."

"But it's not just one life, now is it?" Malachi snickered and Davina shot him a look

Penny stood there staring at Davina before she signaled Malachi. He gripped onto Davina's hair exposing her neck as he held a knife in front of it.

"Do it," Davina smirked and her eyes locked onto Sweet Pea and she shook her head when he tried to step forward.

As Malachi brought the knife closer to her throat a voice appeared in the crowd.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Davina's eyes caught onto Cheryl

"And why's that?" Malachi asked

"I don't think your boss would take kindly to you for one...kidnapping, torturing, and murdering his niece..." Cheryl said smiling at Penny

"His niece?" Penny and everyone else questioned at the same time.

"Rose McCoven...also know as the adoptive sister of Hiram Lodge." Cheryl smiled "I suggest you let her go or Hiram will kill all of you."

Malachi and Penny stood there for a second and before they could do anything, Davina turned on her knees leaning backwards and kicking Malachi into Penny. Her ropes around her wrists snapped and she stood up and ran to her father.

He immediately enveloped her in his arms as she buried her face in his chest. When she pulled out of his arms she ran to Sweet Pea who picked her up and held onto her for dear life.

They stood there looking out at the Ghoulie crowd. A smile formed on her face as she looked around.

"In unity there is strength," Davina shouted

"In unity there is strength," the rest of the Serpents shouted and the fight began.

++

"We have to go!" Sweet Pea shouted as Davina stood staring at Malachi

"Babe!" He shouted again as he gripped onto her waist, pulling her with him as they fled.

Sunnyside was in ruins...Davina and the others walked into the trailer to be met by a small girl running to them.

"Hey Cherry Pie," Davina smiled

"Davy, what happened?" Cherry asked

"Nothing babygirl, just fell down some stairs." Davina said as she turned Cherry to face the room "go play, I'll join you in a moment."

"To top off the day of bad news," Sweet Pea began

"What is it this time?" Davina sighed

"My Aunt Jess is gaining custody of Cherry," Sweet Pea sighed "she'll still be in Riverdale and we can still see her all the time..."

"Maybe that's best for now, it sucks but at least Cherry will be safe." Davina said as she kissed Sweet Peas cheek.

Davina walked into her room, quickly changing before exiting into the living room again.

"Where are you going?" FP asked

"To see my brother," Davina said as she grabbed her jacket

When she left the trailer Sweet Pea quickly followed behind her.

"Davina," he said softly

"Not now, Pea." She said as her hands rested on her bike and he let out a huff.

She stood there silent for a second before closing her eyes and sighing loudly, still not facing him.

"I found out right before I tried to save Jughead,"

"You sacrificed everything!" Sweet Pea snapped

"I owe everything to Jughead, Sweet Pea. I know it was stupid," she turned to face him "but I couldn't stand around and not help him."

Sweet Pea didn't respond, instead he just turned and walked into the house, leaving Davina to climb on her bike and drive off.

When she got to the hospital room, she slowly walked in to see her brother unconscious and badly beaten. Tears immediately began spilling from her eyes as she sat on the bed beside him.

"We need you Jug, the Serpents need you, I need you, Dad needs you," she said as she kissed his cheek

"I tried to save you and I failed."

She watched him sleep and listened to the machines beep as she fell asleep on the couch beside him.

She woke to a hand lightly pressing on her back. When her eyes adjusted she saw her father standing above her, and she sat up allowing him space to sit.

"How you feeling kiddo?" He asked softly as she curled up into his arms

"Like the world is ending," she said honestly and he chuckled

"I'm pretty sure it is," he smiled as he looked over at Jug.

"He's going to be alright, D. He's a fighter, you both are."

"I'm so sorry," she said quietly and tearfully

"For what?" He asked as he looked down at her

"For everything, I made it worse when I was trying to help."

"Listen here, do not blame yourself for a damn thing that happened. None of it is your fault." He said as he kissed the top of her head

"Just don't throw yourself in harms way again, I can not look at you in a body bag." He said with a strained voice

"Not knowing where you were, how you were, or if you were even still alive killed me. It's every parents worst nightmare. Plus, I had your mom going insane, and I'd like to spend as little time dealing with her as possible."

Davina lightly punched his arm before laying her head back down on his chest.

"Had to ruin the moment with a joke," she scoffed.

"Yeah, it was a bit too sappy for me."