Chapter 23- Scavenger Hunt

Life was back to normal, or as normal as it could be. Sweet Pea had almost fully recovered and he woke up to Davina in nothing but his shirt and black laced underwear, dancing in the kitchen and using a spatula as a microphone while cooking breakfast. Her attire wasn't the best part, her happiness in that moment was. His heart filled with warmth and he couldn't help but stare at her with complete awe.

She turned around in the middle of her choreography to see him staring at her with a smile. She gushed when she saw him and immediately wrapped her arms around him and planted a kiss on his lips. She then went back to cooking breakfast. FP and the boys went out early in the morning to run an errand or something leaving the lovebirds to themselves.

"Got any plans today, baby?" Sweet Pea asked while smiling at her, her attire suddenly becoming a strong focus of his.

"I'm all yours if you want me," She smiled while handing him a plate.

"Potato pancakes," he smiled

"You're favorite," She said with a proud look on her face and she shuffled her feet in an excited manner.

"Anything that involves you, is my favorite." He said as he watched her cheeks turn red

"Oh hush," she laughed "they were your favorite before you met me."

They finished breakfast and cleaned up the mess and got ready for their day.

"I have to run somewhere first, meet me at Pops in an hour?" Sweet Pea said before kissing her gently.

"Aye aye Captain," She said before sticking the tooth brush in her mouth.

Sweet Pea left the house and Davina continued to get ready. As she was exiting the house she ran into Toni.

"D!" Toni smiled
"Hey Toni, what's up?"
"Just came by to see you, haven't spent time together in a while." Toni smiled
"I'm headed to Pops to meet Sweets, if you wanna join me we can walk there."
"Yes, that sounds good." Toni said and they continued to walk off to Pops.

When they got there Sweet Pea hadn't arrived so Davina and Toni continued to walk a bit longer. They reached a small alley where Davina first met Sweet Pea and she saw a bouquet of flowers and a note.

My dearest love,
This was the spot we first met. The spot where you first showed me how stubborn you were. Where I discovered how difficult my life was going to be. Please take this bouquet and meet me at the old Drive In location.

Yours forever and truly,
Sweet Pea

Davina turned and looked over and Toni whose smiled stretched ear to ear. Davina was beyond confused at this point but she was excited to see what was next.

When they got to Andrews Construction site where the Drive In used to be she headed to the area where Sweet Pea pulled her aside. There sat a box with a note.

My inspiration,
Here we met yet again. You showed me your inner strength and the ability you had to contain the anger you had and the forgiveness you gave away so freely. This is the place where you inspired me to try and be a better person. Please take the token in this box and meet me a block from your old house.

Forever yours,
Sweet Pea

When Davina opened the box there sat a golden key. They continued to walk and Davina partially regretted not bringing the bike as her feet were getting tired. When they got to the block before her old her there sat a larger box with a note.