Chapter 36- Darkest Hours

Davina sat at the teachers desk rummaging through all the items while Jughead carried on about something that she didn't care to pay attention to.

That was when the door to the room flew open and Reggie, Archie and their followers came barging through.

"Moose told us that Midge confessed to sleeping with one of you Serpents, and I think it was you Sweet Pea." Reggie shouted

"You ass! I didn't even know Midge, but I can see why she wouldn't want to catch fleas from one of you Bulldogs." Sweet Pea snapped

"Yeah because he's the logical one to think is sleeping with someone other than his fiance," Davina said as she sat at the desk.

"I'm sure even he gets bored of crazy," Reggie growled and he and Sweet Pea immediately went after each other.

They were pulled apart by Archie and Jughead. After the Bulldogs left Davina stood up and began walking out of the room.

"Where are you going? We all need to talk about this," jughead began

"Why? I didn't sleep with her," Davina said before opening and closing the door behind her.

Later that day she and Fangs went to the quarry to hang out. They had gone from being mortal enemies to the best of friends.

"You need to tell them," she said as she laid her head on his lap

"They'll think it was me," Fangs whined

"But it wasn't. Jug turned in his tapes, you were the last person she saw. If you don't say something you'll look guilty, if you leave you'll look guilty." She said looking up at him as he played with her hair

"I'm scared D," Fangs sighed and she placed a hand on his cheek

"You'll always have me, I won't let anything bad happen to you. I promise!" She smiled

++

The next day she was walking through the halls playing on her phone when she heard a commotion. When she looked up she saw the cops arresting Fangs and she immediately ran to Jughead's side.

"What's going on?" She demanded

"They think he killed Midge," Jughead sighed

"Fuck!" She quickly ran outside to watch the cruiser disappear.

She immediately took off down the steps and towards her bike.

"Where are you going?" Jughead shouted

"To the station!" She shouted back as she jumped onto her bike and took off.

When she got there she ran inside and straight to the back.

"Davina," the guy at the desk called

"No," she said as she walked to the cell where they were holding Fangs.

"Davy?" Fangs questioned

"Hey love," She smiled "sorry I'm not here to bust you out just yet."

"I didn't do it! I didn't!" He cried to her

"I know you didn't," She reassured as she sat on the floor beside his cell.

They had taken him for questioning leaving Davina all alone. She texted Jughead to let him know. Not long after Mayor...former Mayor McCoy and Jughead showed up.

They immediately walked back to the interrogation room where Mayor McCoy pushed open the door and stopped the interrogation.

As they were walking back Davina stood up off the floor as Fangs was put back in.