Prologue

He was sitting in the dark surrounded by the cold atmosphere. The sound of dripping water echoed through the walls of the dungeon. A dungeon built for one purpose - imprisoning a demon.

He was in meditation, calming his thoughts and focusing on his surroundings. The echoes intensified and the cold somehow refused to bite his skin. Infact, he was feeling rather warm. As if he were surrounded by a circle of flame.

All was calm and still but suddenly, it was broken. Splash!

"Who's there?" the prisoner asked. He looked behind him to see a little torch drawing nearer to his cell.

Once, it was close enough, its light revealed the presence of a black, bald man.

"You again?" The demon asked in an annoyed tone. He had seen him often. "What is it this time?"

"I've come to tell you that soon you will be visited by a girl. A girl you will train in your demonic arts," the man said.

"Why should I?" The demon asked. "Who is this girl to you? Your daughter?"

"No. But she is someone of great importance."

The demon sighed and stayed silent for a second. "Demon blood doesn't even flow through her veins. She can't learn it unless she has them."

"She does. Now you're going to train her."

The demon stepped closer and let the light reveal himself to his jailor. "Why should I?" he asked. "What's in it for me?"

"Freedom," the bald man replied. "You haven't seen the sun in a long time. And perhaps you should visit your homeworld."

The demon turned his back on his guest. "I'll consider it."

The black man also turned back and started walking in the opposite direction.

"What's her name?" the demon asked for the last time.

There was a moment of silence. "Miranda," the man said.

***************
Hello everyone, how's it goin'. Hope you enjoy this prologue of this fantasy story. If you're interested, do add this to your library and reading list so you'll be notified when I update. Thanks again for taking your time to read this and don't forget to vote 😊