Chapter 4

The stronghold of Ashtanshire stood on the edge of the Lorvinus Lava Lake. Its front walls had several lava chutes and watchtowers in its corners with burning fires. Almost like a beacon.

Xanun and Miranda arrived at the stronghold and they navigated their way to the Masters. They found them in a council meeting in the exterior part of the stronghold in a semi-circular Greek gazebo.

"Pardon my intrusion, Masters," Xanun burst in to their conversation. All eyes were on him. "I have brought you this girl who wishes to be trained in our arts."

The entire gazebo burst into a chatterbox. "What are you thinking? You wish to have this human girl trained in our arts?" A council member asked.

"Believe me, Master, I also thought that she was human, but she's not - she's half demon," Xanun backed her.

"Very well, if you wish to train her, then you can do it yourself," the demon replied.

"I think you will be able to train her better than I'll ever can." Xanun was clearly sick of that girl. He just wanted to pass her over to someone else and just go back to living his life, then she won't be his problem anymore.

"Right now we're busy discussing how we can end the Seraphim once and for all," another demon said. "So if you wish her to be trained, do it yourself!"

Xanun thought it will be pointless to argue with them. Whether he likes it or not, he's stuck with that girl and her training is in his hands. "I suppose it can't be helped. Thank you for your time," he said after a moment's thought.

He left the council gazebo with Miranda. "So?" she asked, curious if he'll really be the one to train her. "You're going to train me?"

"Unfortunately, yes," Xanun replied, reluctantly.

"When do we begin?" Her asking of questions starts to get Xanun on his nerves.

"Tommorow."

***************

So what do you all think of this chapter? Did you enjoy it? Feel free to comment on this chapter and leave feedback. If you want this story to climb its way to the top, a vote will always be much appreciated. Thank you all for reading this chapter and I'll update the next one soon.

-Zyrofern