Chapter 6

Training began early in the morning. Miranda was well rested in the demon's guest room . She looked out the window and saw a couple of flying demons soaring in the sky, though she couldn't make out whether they're avian or reptilian.

"Miranda!" she looked down at her caller. It was Xanun in the backyard. He had a pair of swords with him. She's guessing that they'll be using those for today's training. Which is ok for Miranda since she's been trained in swordsmanship years before coming to the Underworld.

She made her way down to where Xanun was and joined him there.

"First lesson today," he said, tossing the one of the swords to Miranda. "Swords."

Miranda caught the blade and the both of them circled around eyeing their opponent with caution. Xanun made the first move with a left-ward horizontal strike which was easily parried by Miranda.

"Been trained before?" he asked.

"A little," she answered. She thrust her blade forward and Xanun dodged it to his right and parried it upward then chained it with a horizontal swipe. Miranda dodged it.

"You're not bad," Xanun said, surprised by the amount if training she had received.

Blow after blow were exchanged with the sting of clashing steel. It went on for some time until Xanun disarmed her. "It appears that you still need a lot more training."

They sparred for the next few days and Miranda was quick to learn given her headstart in the Overworld. A couple of weeks went by and Miranda has spent most of her time training with Xanun.

"Well, I suppose that will do," Xanun said. "Next thing we'll learn will be magic."

Miranda got excited about it. The whole point of coming to the Netherealm in the first place was to learn their magic since she's already a swordswoman.

"Get some rest. Tommorow, I have something to show you." Xanun smiled and turned to walk to his house.

They had dinner again while sharing stories. Miranda brought up the topic of their lives. She began by telling him that she doesn't have a father, only a mother. Then she told him about Kale and what Hollowcliff was like until it was Xanun's turn. He told her that his mother was inattentive during his childhood which would explain her behavior when he returned. But because of those things, it made him an independent demon, since she wasn't that much involved in his life and that he had to rely on himself.

********************

So that's the end of this chapter, my friend. Hope you enjoyed. If you want to comment anything, feel free to do it and as usual, don't forget to vote 😊

-Zyrofern