Chapter 26

The demon lord stares into the distance from the council gazebo. He watched as the river of magma runs into the horizon and reaching its dead end, cascading over the magma falls.

He sensed something. Something that wasn't quite demonic. It told him that it was human and was getting closer. Though he did nothing but wait for it to come closer, he already knew what was to come.

"Demon! Your end has come!"

He turned around and saw a young human-looking girl wearing a hauberk that was layered with leather chest piece that supported her breasts and faulds that wrapped around her waist. "So it was you causing the genocide."

"You will be the next one to join the list," Miranda said.

"Don't be foolish as to think that you can defeat me." He turned around to face her. "I am a Demon Lord!"

Miranda didn't reply. She only walked towards him with a sword in one hand. Once close enough, she swung her sword and it was caught by the right hand of the demon.

"Foolish human!" he said. "You will end here!" He quickly pulled the sword out of her gripping hands and slashed his long-clawed fingers at her.

Miranda quickly dodged and using her telekinesis, she summoned her sword back to her hand.

The demon lord jumped up and hovered in mid-air with the help of his green wings. He raised his hands up and summoned a green fireball then threw it towards Miranda.

She dodged it and pulled something that surprised her opponent. She used seraphim magic to do the exact same thing. She hit the demon, knocking him down.

"Impossible!" the demon exclaimed. "Only a seraphim can use such magic! How did you enter our realm?"

"I'm part demon." Miranda cleared his doubt.

"You have demon and seraphim blood running through your veins?" he raised his tone. He doesn't seem to happy to be knowing what Miranda really is. "Then you are..... an ABOMINATION!"

The demon charged at Miranda but all she did was simply move out of his way like evading a ramming bull.

He turned around and swiped his clawed hand towards Miranda and followed it with more and more strikes, sieging her.

With a cool head, Miranda evaded all of it and kicked the demon lord in his armored torso, stunning him followed by a punch on his pale face.

The demon grabbed Miranda's hand threw her over to the edge of the gazebo.

Quickly, she fired her grappling hook and pulled the demon down with her. They both landed on a piece of rock that was floating on the magma as if it were wood floating on the surface of water.

"Better end this quick," Miranda muttered. She fired a smoke bomb, covering herself with smoke. With a fast manoeuver, she moved to his side and kicked the back of his knees with a sweep kick forcing him to kneel down. Then, she quickly plunged her sword, impaling him through his chest.

The demon lord heaved heavy breath. His end was nearing. Now the council would be missing a member and the Netherworld would be missing a leader.

His pale skin slowly blackened and his bloodstream underneath it turned orange. Miranda smiled at her accomplishment. She killed one of the most powerful demons the Nether has ever known. His skin grew harder and harder as it solidifies turning him to a statue with thin streams of lava showing that he was molten.

Satisfied with her work, Miranda pulled her sword from the sculpture and it started to crumble down into pieces.

Miranda took some time to catch her breath. One of the demon lords have fallen. Miranda's already dreaming about her future victories and how the humans will hail her as their hero. How she would make Atlas along with her mother, Perdita, proud. Not to mention Kale.