Chapter 8

They went down the stairs to the library which Xanun had missed during the tour. They entered through the door and before them lies a two-story high library packed up with books kept in shelves.

Xanun began walking through the isle and examining the gaps between them to find the intruder. They went to the back of the room and found her reading a book.

A young female demon wearing a black bliaut with a hem that reaches her heels. Her hair was only chin-length and her skin was of a fair maiden's. She was perfectly human-looking, put aside her ram horns.

"Jynera?" Xanun asked.

The lady turned her sights from her book to Xanun. They both locked their vision and began to smile. They ran into each others' arms and laughed.

"Where have you been these last twenty years?" Jynera asked. "I've missed you."

"I was in the humans' world." He didn't want to mention being in prison, though. "What brings you here?" They stopped embracing and stared at each others' eyes.

"I haven't been seeing you, lately. So I thought I could find you here where you always go to as a getaway spot." He looked passed Xanun to Miranda. "Who's that?"

Xanun looked back to his student. "This is Miranda. She's my... apprentice." He starts to get comfortable with her now. And the term 'apprentice' doesn't seem to bother him anymore.

"Miranda a pleasure to meet you," Jynera said, extending her hand to shake her's. She seems pretty nice and very lady like.

Miranda shook her hand and smiled at her.

"Miranda," Xanun said. "Why don't you go down to that large balcony I showed you earlier and wait for me there. I'll be down shortly to teach you magic."

"Okay." She turned away and headed down for the place. After all, she wants to give them both some romance time after having him locked up for the last twenty years.

"She's half human," Xanun said, watching her leave.

"Just like you," Jynera added.

***************

Whoa Plot twist! Xanun is half human! Curious to find out more? Just read the next chapter. If you enjoyed this chapter please tap or click that little star button, comment what you think about this chapter and above all, thanks for reading.