Chapter 24

The seraphim and the demon stood face to face with their swords drawn. One was just waiting for the other to make the first move. Yet after a half-minute staring contest, they haven't budged a muscle.

Xanun eyed his enemy. Looking for any possible weak points. Cainan was doing the same. He had thought of cutting of Xanun's wings so that he couldn't fly and have the upper hand.

"If we are to fight, then what are we waiting for?" Xanun asked, breaking the silence. He could just finish him off and return to his fiery homeworld. But still, Cainan made no slight movement.

"Well, if you would like to stay still, then I will make the first move." Xanun charged and thrust his blade forward. The seraphim dodged sidewards and swiped his blade horizontally.

The demon blocked the attack and flew up a couple feet, launching his green fire onto the seraphim. Cainan took a hit. He rolled on the ground to douse the burning flame and got back up.

He then launched his grappling hook against a rock and hurled it towards his foe. Xanun dodged the projectile but Cainan kept hurling more stones one after the other.

He eventually stopped. Realizing that Xanun was just to quick to receive a blow. He then quickly charged at him, and with one flap from his wings, shot through the sky slicing the air with his sword, hoping that it would hit his opponent. But it was pointless, the demon parried his strike, sending him back down with a powerful punch from his idle fist.

Cainan landed hard on his back. He saw that the demon had also touch downed. Once he got back up, he resorted to his next tactic - he fired his smoke bombs around the demon to confuse him.

Xanun was now surrounded by smoke. He had no idea where his enemy was. For all he knew, he was still somewhere near him and the fight was still on. But on the other hand, he could've just fled knowing that he was overpowered.

Xanun remained still. He closed his eyes and cleared his mind. He heard a click, it was inaudible to an untrained ear. But to his supernatural senses and clear mind, it was as loud as a horn.

The smoke cleared and Xanun opened his eyes. He was right. His opponent hasn't fled from the ongoing battle. He was standing right before him with a revolver aimed towards him.

Cainan fired the handgun just as he thought he would be win when the bullet pierces through his enemy's skin. But to his dismay, Xanun was faster than a speeding bullet. He caught it in-between his fingers.

Cainan paused in surprise. His face showing that he has never met a being that was faster than a bullet. Yet alone, someone able to catch it in mid-flight.

"Impossible," he muttered.

"They're over here!"

The two duelists looked towards the sound. It was Miranda. Their hearts sighed in relief as they thought that she came to assist them. But following her was an army of humans.

"Miranda! Have you come to assist me?" Xanun asked, feeling confident of the answer.

"What? How'd you know her?" Cainan asked. He thought she was on his side. Yet now, his enemy was claiming that she's helping him?

"I came to assist nobody, Xanun," Miranda said.

Then one of the men in the company threw something that erupted into a laser-like net that put Xanun and Cainan under it. Once they're immobilized, Miranda kicked their heads knocking them unconscious.

*******************

And that is the end of this chapter everybody. I hope you enjoyed this fight scene between Xanun and Cainan. If you want more chapters please don't forget to comment down below and a vote is always much appreciated. Love you all 😘

-Zyrofern