Chapter 19

The stars clustered together that beautiful night to light up the night sky which was a blend of blue, purple and pink. The cool air filled the atmosphere and kept some angels sleeping warm beneath their blankets.

Cainan and Enoch were slumbering under the beautiful scenery that was stretched across the horizon. Miranda on the other hand, was nowhere near them, nor was she near a state of weariness that made her drowsy.

She was practicing her magic near the water spring Cainan had found earlier that day. The water glowed a blue colour as if it were home to a colony of planktons. She scooped some of the water and drank it. It refreshed her. She felt that all the strain of her training was washed away as the water slid down her throat.

She took a deep breath and tried to summon the blue flame Enoch had demonstrated earlier. She concentrated deeply and suddenly her hands felt warmer. She opened her eyes, and a blue flame was burning on both her palms she joined them together to form a fireplace. She separated her hands and let the flame float in mid-air. Then slowly, she controlled it by making it orbit her as if it were an electron revolving around protons and neutrons.

"You're doing it real nice."

Miranda looked to her back. Cainan was standing by the spring, smiling at Miranda's accomplishment.

"Why thank you. Aren't you supposed to be sleeping?" Miranda asked after thanking his complement.

"Aren't you?" Cainan replied, reminding her that she was also not in bed.

"I'm not tired."

"You must have drunk from the spring. Keeps you fresh." He scooped its waters and drank it from his hands, just like what Miranda did. "Let me help you." He lit his left hand with the blue flame. "Alright, since you're already able to control angelic fire, try detonating it." He threw the fire up in the air and after a few seconds, it went off like a firework. "You try."

Miranda commanded the flame orbiting her to do the same. It went up to the night sky and exploded. Only Cainan's had a bigger blast radius compared to hers.

"Good enough," Cainan said. "Now let's move on to fire beaming." He stretched his hand to an arm's length and lit it up again. He waited for a while then the blue flame stretched itself to the distance, it only stopped when Cainan clenched his fist. "You try."

Miranda was able to do just that, with a some retries and do-overs. "What's next?" she asked.

"Trapping."

"What?" Miranda asked to make sure that she heard him just right.

"Trapping," Cainan answered, repeating the same word.

"So how do we do this?"

A blue glowing circle appeared on the ground with Cainan's being in the middle. Miranda quickly stepped out of the circle as if she knew that the ground they were standing on was thin ice. Cainan jumped backwards too.

"That's it?" Miranda asked, thinking that it was kind of lame.

"It would have been much better demonstrated if there is a demon in the circle."

On hearing that, Miranda was glad that she stepped out of the circle. Though she was only, one-third demon, she wasn't going to take the chance of being trapped there, regardless. In addition, if she were trapped, it would fire a flare gun, signaling that she was a demon and that she couldn't be trusted.

"I suppose that's enough for tonight," Cainan continued. "Just keep practicing. I'll be watching." He sat down and observed Miranda as she began to rehearse what she just learned.

**************"

That's it for today guys. I hope you enjoyed this story just as much as enjoyed writing it. As usual, don't forget to vote and leave your comment to what you think. Zyrofern out 🖖