Chapter 3

Miranda stared beyond the portal. A land of volcanic plains that looked very hellish lay on the other side. The very sight of it makes her think twice about going through.

"With respect," Xanun said calmly. "Ladies first."

Now he's asking her to go before him when it was he who should go before her in case something happens. Reluctantly, Miranda stepped in to the portal.

To her surprise, the Netherealm is really not that hot. In fact, its temperature is just the same as the Overworld.

"Welcome to the Netherealm, Miranda," Xanun welcomed her.
"You'll be staying here for as long as you train."

Miranda beheld the sight before her. She prefers the Overworld a lot more than the Netherealm. The faster her training passes, the faster she can return home.

"Follow me," Xanun said. "I'll take you to the Masters - they'll train you."

"Wait, I thought you're training me?" She felt surprised.

"I don't care what that warden of mine said. What matters is you be trained in our arts, right?" The phrase 'warden of mine' somehow embarrassed him. He has become a prisoner to a feeble human. But now, he's free and intends to do his part of the bargain. "Now follow me. They'll be able to teach you better than I'll ever can." He began to walk in one direction.

"Can you please try to look more human?" Miranda finally spoke her mind. She feels disgusted with the idea of traveling with a demon.

"I'm sorry?" Xanun turned to face her in confusion.

"I said, can you try to look more human," she repeated. "You know... less demonic and more man-like."

Xanun walked towards her. "So you want me to change my appearance and be more like you?"

"Uh-huh." She nodded her head.

Xanun sighed and took a deep breath. He closed his eyes and his wings start to submerged in to his back. "Happy?"

"More human?" she said with a tone.

Xanun exhaled quickly and tried again. He closed his eyes and this time, his skin turned from red to fair and his horns grew shorter and blunt. "There."

"More human?" she said again.

"This is as close to a human as I can get to, whether you like it or not. So get used to it."

Miranda was still able to tolerate it. He looks human enough. And besides, he looked rather handsome with that white hair of his.

"Now come on," Xanun said. He sprinted through the Nether with Miranda not far behind him.

***********

What do you all think of Miranda so far? Don't be afraid to comment. And don't forget to vote as well.

-Zyrofern