Chapter 2

Miranda woke up before anyone in Hollowcliff during the breaking of the dawn. She looked out through the window and saw the sky was a mixture of red, orange and purple. It was overall, beautiful.

She headed out of her room and changed her clothes to red pants and white, long sleeve shirt with a laced jerkin over it.

She grabbed a torch she had prepared the night earlier and right before she could leave through the door, her mother woke up.

"Leaving already?" she asked from her bed, still in lying position. Miranda nodded her head. "You'll be better off with a full stomach. Have that bread for breakfast, don't mind finishing it."

"I'll see you soon, mother," Miranda said. She grabbed the bread and left through the door. She ate her breakfast as she exits Hollowcliff to the outside world.

The first thing she saw was the lake where she and Kale last hung out. She's going to miss those moments. Especially Kale, who had been with her through thick and thin, fire and water.

She watched the Flohr as it became a mirror of the twilight sky when she slowly descends the stairs to the grass below.

Her mother had told her to head for the western side of the lake and search the area for a huge rock that had a vertical rectangle outlined in yellow.

She did what she was told - she headed over to the west and looked for the rock. After she found it, sure enough, it had a vertical, yellow rectangle.

She pushed the rectangle and its mechanism opened it downwards revealing a set of stairs that lead to the abyss. She lit up her torch and began to descend the stairs into the darkness.

The atmosphere turned colder with every step she took. Stair after stair she went down and it led her to a hallway. Its walls and ceiling were made of stone. The ground was damp and a few steps ahead were puddles that were formed by the dripping of water drops that broke through the ceiling.

She walked forward and her boots stepped on a puddle of water. Splash!

"Who goes there?" the captive said. "Who dares enter my prison?"

"Miranda," she answered as if she owned the place. She proceeded forward.

"Miranda?" The prisoner's hopes went high. He turned back to see a girl walking towards him. "You're the one who will set me free?"

"On one condition," Miranda said. "And I bet you know what it is." She looked at who she was talking to - a demon. Red all over, except for his hair, which is white. Horns protruded from his temple. He had a pair of wings which was also red like his whole body.

"I know, I know," the demon said in an annoyed tone. "Train you in the demonic arts. Now set me free."

Miranda looked at the demon behind the force field. "What do they call you?"

"What do they call me?" the demon questioned. He stayed silent for a second. "Xanun."

"Very well." She touched the control pad left of the cell and turned off the force field that separated her from the demon.

Xanun stepped out and looked at Miranda. "Shall we?"

Miranda led the way out of the prison. Once Xanun stepped out into the sunlight, the prison door closed itself behind him. He covered his eyes to adjust to the light since he had not seen it in a while. It didn't take him long.

He put his right hand forward and it burned with green fire. Then the fire detached itself from Xanun's hand and formed a circle. Within it, was a whole new world.

***********

So, where will this demon take Miranda to? Is he a good demon that can be trusted or is he cunning as a fox? Find out in the next chapter. If you happen to enjoy this story, don't forget to vote and comment what you think of it.

-Zyrofern