Chapter 18

"Wake up it's time to begin training!"

Miranda woke up because of the yelling of her new mentor. She found it difficult to open her eyelids as if it were glued shut. She moaned because of her reluctance to leave her bed.

"Come on now, quickly. We're going to Gan Eden."

Miranda was still in bed, not bothering to open her sleepy eyes.

"Hey wake up!"

Suddenly, she felt her face turn cold. Her reflexes open her eyes to identify the threat. Turns out, Enoch had poured a jug cold water onto her face.

"Come on now, let's begin training," he said trying to remind her what she had signed up for.

She got out of bed and followed Enoch to wherever he went. He lead her to the kitchen where breakfast was served long before she got pulled out of Dreamland and back into reality.

Cainan was already enjoying his breakfast on the table. "Miranda! You need to try this omelette."

Miranda went to join Cainan for breakfast consisting of an omelette, sausages and some potatoes.

By the time she's done, the three took a blimp rode towards Gan Eden meeting some other seraphim while they're on board.

They arrived at Gan Eden and glided down towards a carpet of green grass. The blimp also lowered down to unload their gear.

Flowers of a variety of colours can be found everywhere. Trees of all sizes were rooted deep within the ground. The calming sound of a flowing stream greeted their ears once they set foot on the solid earth.

"It's been quite some time since I've been here," Cainan said, taking a deep breath of the fresh air that surrounds him.

"Very well, let us begin," Enoch said. He drew his sword and got into a fighting stance. Miranda did the same with her sword.

Enoch paused. He noticed something that wasn't right. "That sword. Where did you get it?"

Miranda's heart started to beat a little faster. What if Enoch found out that she once trained with the demons? "From a friend." She didn't mention that it was Xanun who gave it to her.

"I'm sorry, girl, but I'm going to have to ask to to get rid of it." Her new mentor seemed to have zero tolerance towards demons.

"Master Enoch, with all respect, surely you understand that it was a gift from her friend. And it would be a shame if she doesn't value that gift by getting rid of it," Cainan said, coming to Miranda's defense.

"Why are you here again?" Enoch asked him. "Aren't you supposed to be home?"

It just struck Cainan that apparently, he should be home by now. After all, he did his duty to escort Miranda to Elysium and placed her in the hands of a mentor. "I came here to watch her progress."

"She carries a demonic artifact to our lands." Enoch wouldn't take any chance that she was a spy working for the demons.

"But she said it's a gift." Cainan refuses to give up.

"Very well." Enoch thought that to forget about it will be better than complaining as it will only delay her training. "Now, show me your fighting stance."

She gripped her sword with her two hands and put her right foot behind her left, slightly bending her knees.

"Now fight!" Enoch landed the first blow which was blocked by Miranda. After two seconds of staring at his eyes, Miranda struck back with incredible speed. Enoch was under a storm of blows. He was a little overwhelmed by the onslaught Miranda gave him, backing up one foot at a time until she finally disarmed him.

Enoch stared at Miranda evincing a look of surprise. She may be easier to be taught than any other angel who have to start from scratch. "It may appear that I have a prodigy as a student. You have had training before, haven't you?"

"Indeed I have," Miranda said, sheathing her sword.

"Well then," Enoch continued. "Let's just get to the magic shall we?"

The three went to the open plains with less trees and foliage in order to not inflict damage to the beauty of nature.

"Alright," Enoch began. "First, let's start with the most useful kind of magic - telekinesis." He straightened his right arm and gently lifted a rock from the earth, then slowly put it back down.

Miranda did the same, she lifted a smaller piece of stone and stacked it on top of Enoch's.

"Well done, Miranda," Enoch complemented. "With your ability as a fast learner, you'll be done with your training in less than a week. Again!"

She lifted another piece of rock and gently placed it on the stack. She smiled at her achievement, thanks to Xanun's training that gave her a headstart.

"Good! Now let's move on to our special magic." Enoch unclenched his right fist and a blue flame lit up on his palm. That was different from the colour of flame a demon can conjure. Miranda had to be careful, if she accidentally ignites the green, demonic fire then she'll have the entire population of Elysium hunting her.
.........................
Miranda closed her eyes, feeling a little nervous. She reached down deep within herself to her angelic side and when she opened her eyes, her left hand was ablaze with blue fire. She put her left hand to her face and gazed at its beauty.

"Now throw!" Enoch thrust his burning hand towards Miranda and the fire launched itself to whatever may be in its way. The fire hit Miranda and she fell in a knock back a few feet away with a burning sensation on her chest.

Enoch widened his eyes. What had he done! "Quickly, boy! Find a healing spring and fetch some of its water!"

Cainan flew up across the open plains in search of the healing spring he'd been tasked to find. He found one not far away from the crime scene. It appeared to be a small rock fountain. He quickly flew down and approached it. He scooped some of its contents using a coconut shell that has been provided and flew back to Miranda. Enoch was comforting her and helping to ease the pain.

Cainan knelt down and gave Miranda a drink from the cup. She felt that her wounds started to heal that instant.

"Alright, alright, that's enough for today," Enoch said.

******************
Alright readers that's all for today. Hope you all enjoyed this story so far. Today's goal is one vote and two comments. Thanks again for taking your time to read my story.😃

-Zyrofern