Chapter 17

Miranda stepped in to the portal just as she once did before when going with Xanun. But unlike the Netherealm that she had visited, the angelic world looked more modern and constructed using lots of steel.

She looked down from the tall building she was standing on. Structures were made small by the illusion of distance. The people looked as tiny as ants and their population made an entire colony.

"Welcome to Elysium," the Angel said. "The place where all seraphims live and prosper."

A cold breeze blew Miranda's black hair, sending it to fly wildly. She smiled at the sight of the world her eyes are seeing.

"I'm Cainan, by the way," he said.
"So, who in this world will be able to train you best?"

Miranda stayed silent admiring the view. Her eyes were so focused that everything around her seemed to blur. She didn't even notice Cainan calling her a few times until he shook her by her shoulders. Her senses awakened. She saw a flying vehicle approaching towards them.

It was a steel gondola carried by a nosed, balloon like object. In the rear part of the gondola was an engine that releases steam in an endless tail of smoke.

"See that," Cainan said. "That's our ride to civilization." He quickly grabbed her by her arm and glided down towards the zeppelin. It came to shock Cainan that he was weighed down by Miranda. Normally, he would glide by himself and not take anyone with him, but now, he had to.

They made their way down to the zeppelin's gondola. "If it requires payment, you'll receive it once we reach our destination. Take us to Thronus Domini." The crew looked at them as if they were aliens. No one said a word, then they just went back to minding their own business.

Miranda placed her hand on the railing and looked down on the city below her, ignoring the wind that was blowing wildly. Without noticing time, they stopped on top of another building, this one shorter than the one they were standing on before. Cainan paid the for the ride then grabbed Miranda and glided down with her.

"We'll walk from here to Thronus Domini," Cainan said.

"What is Thronus Domini?" Miranda asked him, not being familiar with the world she's in.

"It is where the Eight rulers of Elysium sit on their throne," Cainan answered, not bothering to look at Miranda.

The rest if the walk had no conversation. Mostly because Miranda chose not to ask. She was busy looking at the seraphims around her. Their wings differ from one individual to the other. Some were grey, some were brown, but the most common ones are those of black and white.

Thronus Domini was a huge building that stood on a floating island that resembles a castle with a giant chimney sticking out of the central tower. Blimps were hovering around in the air along with other angels flying here and there. The clouds had already begun to turn golden yellow with the setting of the sun.

They traversed the long, stone bridge that connects Thornus Domini to the mainland. The front doors were opened for them as they entered the castle.

Floors constructed of very well polished white marble were able to reflect the visitors if they looked down at their feet. A chandelier hung on the ceiling, decorated with diamonds. Pillars of white quartz support the ceiling to prevent them from collapsing.

Interiors from neither her world nor the Netherworld was able to compare to the luxury of Thronus Domini.

The butler came to welcome them and asked how he may be of assistance. Cainan said that they wished to meet the Council of the Eight.

Miranda had absolutely no idea who they were. But she assumed that Elysium works the same way as the Netherealm being ruled by a high council.

They were lead to a circular room roofed with a glass dome that let those who are under see the sky. Eight thrones were built onto the wall all of them has an angel sitting on them.

"Masters of Elysium," the butler said. "You have guests." He left the room after announcing the arrival to Cainan and Miranda.

"Yes? What is your business here... Uh?" One of them asked, not knowing who his guests were.

"Cainan," Cainan introduced himself. "Cainan St.Altharie."

"St.Altharie?" One of the council said with a slightly raised tone. "You don't happen to be Michal St. Altharie's son, are you?"

"Infact I am, Master," Cainan replied.

The council members looked at each others' faces in astonishment. "And what is your business here?" the same one asked.

"This girl beside me here, is half human. A friend of hers told me that she wishes to train in our arts." The council was struck silent.

"Never in our history have we ever trained an outsider before," another one of the council said.
"But still, she has the blood of our kind, which gives her the right to learn about our heritage."

Miranda was hoping that they would approve her training. Demonic magic itself isn't enough to end the war.

"Well in that case, I'll train her," a man with golden chin-length hair said as he stood up from his throne. All the council members' face were redirected to him. "If no one else is willing, then I shall take charge of this matter myself."

"Enoch are you sure?" A bald member said.

"I am certain," Enoch replied. "We begin training tomorrow. In the meantime, you are welcome to stay in Thornus Domini."

"It is settled then," a woman on the council said. "Enoch St.Cerenix of the high council will train the outsider."

********************

Hey guys it's Zyrofern. Thank you all for reading this story, it really means a lot to me. I never thought that I could've made it this far without all your support. Anyways as usual, don't forget to tap that little vote button to boost this story up the charts and get more reads. ❤ you all so much and once again, thanks for all the support. 😊

-Zyrofern