Chapter 20

The morning came and Cainan was preparing breakfast for three while Enoch was supervising Miranda to see if that all night's train was worth it.

"Breakfast is ready!" Cainan said, telling them to fill their stomachs. The two rushed towards the camp and had their breakfast.

"You did a good job training her, Cainan St. Altharie. You just made my training a whole lot easier," Enoch said, breaking the silence of breakfast. "Why don't you take a day off, Miranda? You have been training hard. Go around and see the heritage of your world."

By the time breakfast was done, Enoch packed up all his equipment and teleported back to Thronus Domini, via Porta gun, leaving Cainan alone with Miranda.

"Now, where do you want to go?" Cainan asked.

"I don't know, you're the tour guide," Miranda replied.

Cainan tilted his head in thought. "I know." He took off into the air, flying with his white, feathered wings.

Miranda ran on foot chasing after him like a little girl chasing a butterfly that had caught her attention. He lead her far away from the nearest civilization.
****************
Then after minutes of endless running, her eyes saw a big house of white standing in the distance surrounded by the green meadows. The blowing breeze sent a ripple of grass dancing into the same direction.

"Welcome to my old house," Cainan said as he landed. He opened the door for her like a gentleman.

As Miranda entered, all she saw was a large, open space. There was absolutely no piece of furniture in sight. She looked up to see the tall ceiling that had a blue sky painted on top with some formations of white clouds alongside a chandelier hanging in the center. Beneath the tall ceiling was the second story guarded by an ornate, golden railing.

"You live here?" Miranda asked.

"Used to," Cainan replied.

"What happened?"

"My mother and I moved to a bigger house, leaving this one behind."

Miranda thought about it for a moment. Xanun also used to have a castle before moving away to his new place in which he still inhabits up to today. "You know, I have a friend who also lived in a big, luxurious house like this one. He also happened to move away to a bigger and better place."

"Really? Who?" Cainan asked, wondering if he could ever meet this person and share stories about their lives before and after moving to new houses.

"The one who gave me this sword. I never really thanked you for defending me when Enoch asked me to get rid of it." She owed him gratitude.

"No problem," Cainan said. "I'm starting to think that the two of us had a lot in common. Which is probably best I should give you a gift too. What else can you tell me of him?"

Miranda felt that it was probably a good idea to tell Cainan more about Xanun. If they shall ever meet, they won't be complete strangers, and maybe the first ever among angels and demons to have a sense of tolerance. "He is a bastard child."

Cainan paused for a moment. His  face showings an expression of surprise. "He is?"

"What? Are you, too?" Miranda asked. Cainan remained silent.

"Sorry." She may have evoked him in a way. But at least her guest was right.

"Apology accepted. Why don't you go explore the house? I'll be waiting."

******************

Happy Easter and April foolz day to y'all. I hope you enjoyed this story and if you do, hit that vote button and leave a comment- I would really love to read your opinion about Cainan and Xanun. Anyways guys, that's all for today, I'll publish the next chapter soon.