Chapter 10

Miranda spent her next few weeks training magic. Xanun would take her to his mansion's backyard and occasionally, the castle, covering elemental magic, mental magic, and the special demonic magic that only demons could use.

Jynera would often come and watch Miranda train bringing food and drinks for her and Xanun. She even stepped up to help him train when he's unavailable just for the fun of sparring with Miranda.

After all of that's done, Miranda was taught hand-to-hand combat and it only took her one week to master it. Daily, the two would spar in the morning and the evening.

The time came again when they sparred in the balcony of the old castle. They exchanged fists and kicks to the other and had their fun.

"Well," Xanun said after Miranda beat him. "I suppose there's nothing more that I can teach you. You may leave tommorow. But first, Jynera and I have something to show you."

The three went down from the training balcony to the stables below. A black, molten beast was waiting for them.

Standing on four legs, its has a burning orange horse-like mane along the back of its neck that continued its way to its tail. It was a Hellhound.

Miranda reached out and petted the beast in its forehead. It seemed pretty gentle and majestic at the same time.

"Are you ready?" Jynera asked, mounting the hound which was seven feet tall.

"Where are we going?" Miranda asked.

"You'll see." Jynera turned her mount around and lend Miranda a hand to help her get on the animal.

"What about Xanun?" Miranda asked. She starts to have a care for Xanun and worrying about him seems like an instinct.

"I'll be fine," Xanun replied.

Miranda trusted him. After all, Xanun is much, much older than she is and he seems to be able to handle things on his own.

"Let's go," Jynera commanded the beast. The Hellhound sprinted out of the stables but Xanun was left behind. They had some headstart before Xanun caught up with them.

They stopped for a while when they passed by a village to rent a horse for Xanun. They rested there for some time while enjoying food and beverages Miranda has been accustomed to. When they were finished, they made their way southeast to a grand volcano.

"See that, Miranda?" Jynera said. "That is the Grand Volcano. Legends state that one of the council members, Zog'than was conceived here."

The volcano was larger than anything Miranda had ever seen. Judging by its size, the crater itself could be ten times bigger than Hollowcliff city. Lava was flowing down like thin, tiny streams that illuminated the total darkness of the surroundings - a sight to behold.

As the time went by, the three grew tired and they had to leave the beautiful scenery. They headed back to the village and returned the horse, renting a flying mount instead which flew Xanun home while the girls remained on the same hound.

Upon their arrival on the ruined castle, Xanun dismounted the flying beast and ordered it to go back to the village from where it was rented from. The Hellhound rested on the stable and the three made their way to the bedrooms.

****************
I would like to thank all of you for reading this story. If you happened to enjoy don't forget to hit that vote button and feedback will always be much appreciated. Thanks. 😊