ᵃʳᶜ ⁰⁰ ➯ 0 ━━━━━─╮

HUMANS DON'T CHANGE.

(Oh darling, only a fool would refuse to believe that!)

That is an undeniable fact that cannot be changed. Mere mortals, changing? No matter how (Y/N) viewed the world, she just simply couldn't foresee these atrocious creatures becoming better for the sake of another.

They only change when their lives are involved.

(Allow me to enlighten you: do you know how hard it is to live? No? Then, let me tell you.)

(Y/N) was just four years old when she witnessed her friend's death. Being a young child, the only thing she could do was to scream and let out all agony that was trapped within her tiny lungs. 

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Sweat trickled down her cheeks. Salty. She cold feel the cold droplets of sweat trickling down every part of her soul. The process of perspiration seemed to never end, accompanied by the sickening nausea that'd embraced her as if she were their own kind. Breathe in. Breathe out

'You must live,' the young girl thought. Survive, live another day; those words were chanted in her head like a holy mantra that'd she'd sold her soul to. As if she'd exchanged her soul to those meaningless words that wouldn't change a thing. 'Please... You must...'

Flinching, she looked at her feet, that were bloodied from running barefoot. Wooden splinters and stones were cut through her skin, exposing pure flesh muddied with rotten blood. However, at that moment, it didn't matter.

Her eyes were on him and only him.

"P-Ple...ase it's not time..." The young (H/C) haired girl croaked out, using all her remaining strength as she cried in anguish. She embraced a pale corpse that was engulfed in the fury of crimson flames. "Please..."

(How unfortunate. This wasn't like a typical fairytale. Not another damsel in distress awaiting for a Prince in shining armour! This was her story; she didn't have any saviour in hers.

How pathetic.)

Her eyelids dropped heavier and heavier each second, knowing that she would pass out. She grit her lips, clenching her fist as blood trickled out. The stench of corroding iron was unbearable. It contaminated her lungs with the impurities of tainted blood.

"Don't leave me alone..." 

Why? Why her? Why now? Why not someone else? Why, why, why?

Why did he kill himWhy? Why did a father kill his own son?

Why did she kill herself? Why? Why did a girl sacrifice herself for a friend?

"I love you Touya..." Maybe, she was the villain in her own story. Unknowingly, streams of tears trickled down her eyelids as she mumbled incoherent words to herself, choking onto sobs. Her tears exasperatedly spilled grief and sorrow—curling her chapped lips into a smile; a feigned feeling. She wanted to forget, she needed to forget. "Thank you... for everything."

And so that very last hope that she clung onto; heroes, slowly faded away.

And this was the very end, of her first story.

(As I've said, humans don't change.)

"Where was my hero when I needed them?"

(They don't save others if their lives aren't involved.)

____

bnha fanfic
(bnha x fem!reader )