CHAPTER 12; 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙡𝙚𝙨

"WILL YOU LOOK AT THAT?! CLASS 1-A, MIDORIYA IZUKU HAS TAKEN THE LEAD!" PRESENT MIC SCREECHED, AS YOU WINCED DUE TO THE DISTURBING LOUD NOISE. "WHAT'S THIS ? (Y/N) (L/N) HAS YET TO LEAVE FROM THE STARTING LINE?!"

People were always too quick to judge. Just because others had a head start, doesn't necessarily mean that they would win. Winning isn't about who begins first, it's about who ends first.

Chatters and whispers slowly submerged the stadium, some giggles, and some were, a nod of disapproval. After all, heroes weren't supposed to underestimate their opponents. As a student in the Hero Course, the Sports Festival was nothing to be taken lightly off, even if you knew that you would win, it is expected for one to show off their power.

But why?

You lifted your soft lips into a tender smile, as your (H/C) hair fluttered along the rhythm of fierce atmosphere.

Why announce to the whole world your capabilities; as well as weaknesses? Villains could easily get ahold of their future rivals, planning ahead of everyone else.

And yet, you were no one to say that.

"Maybe she had just given up," Aizawa, the mummified man grunted as he eyed you. You didn't look like you were going to run, or dash whatsoever anytime soon. A cheerful, naive, ecstatic girl that took nothing seriously, but was powerful. "How the fuck did she even get through the recommendations?"

tap

tap

'How I got through the recommendation isn't important now.' You bitterly closed your eyes, before your whole core; located by your heart as it glowed luminously (F/C), releasing an aura that even God themselves dare not compete against. 'You should worry more on what's going to happen.'

tap

"This isn't part of her quirk—" Mumbling, he slowly squinted his eyes deep in thought. He quickly caught on, without realising, he instinctively activated his own quirk. What was your quirk? He tried putting the puzzle pieces together; Wind manipulation? Teleportation? Quantum reality? Logically speaking, if you wanted to keep your quirks more on a low-key, you would've stuck on one.

But why didn't you?

"LOOK AT THAT! MIDORIYA IZUKU IS THE FIRST TO REACH THE—" A pause, a long pause was held before the commentating by Present Mic had resumed. "(Y/N) (L/N) IS THE FIRST TO REACH THE FINISH LINE! EVEN THOUGH SHE HAD JUST LEFT THE STARTING LINE, SHE SOMEWHAT MADE IT TO FIRST PLACE!"

Wasn't Midoriya first?

Taking a glance at the stadium, Izuku flew past the mine field, racing along Bakugo and Todoroki.

Didn't he reach the finish line already?

"WILL YOU LOOK AT THAT?! CLASS 1-C HITOSHI SHINSO IS THE SECOND TO ARRIVE ! POPPING OUT OF NOWHERE!"

Something doesn't add up.

Glancing around the stadium, he saw a pair of emerald-blue pair of eyes back in the shadows. Following its gaze, he saw them looking at someone in particular.

(Y/N) (L/N)

"Fuck."

"FATHER," A YOUNG BOY, PERHAPS 15 YEARS OLD KNEELED DOWN BEFORE HIS FATHER AS HIS BROWN SOULLESS EYES STARED DEEP INTO THE AYBSS, AS IF IT HAD WITNESSED THE DEEPEST LAYERS OF HELL AND MET THE DEMON HIMSELF. "You summoned?"

clink

clank

Chains slowly rattled across the room, echoing. Though it wasn't much of a luxurious nor spacious room, it was rather quiet. Especially the tension between both father and son; or so what the young boy had assumed.

"I hope you do remember..." The boy's father slowly rasped out, gaping a deep breathe. "About you mission."

clink

clank

How naive he felt, thinking that his father would actually care for him.

In this world, everyone is born with a purpose. To help achieve whatever you parents couldn't, and to fulfil their ones most desire. If the particular goal can't be achieved, consequences are to be sought. And of course, being part of this world — or system, whereas children has to obey their superiors demands.

Children's are nothing but a soulless doll.

They are nothing more.

clink

clank

"Of course," The young boy seethed out, clenching his fists as he kneeled down before his parent. His only family, which hadn't abandoned him, unlike his mother, who passed away due to his birth. But that didn't matter, she had still abandoned him with his father. She was too weak to survive such, measly event. "Father..."

Nodding his bald yet ruined and tattered face, his father — All for One; Shigaraki, slowly reached out to his son's face. Having a firm grip as he tilted it up towards him. Even till now, it has been a mystery on how he managed to see where his son's position or head was at.

"I expect you to show your father more manners, brat."

The young boy inwardly scoffed. He was too delusional to not realise earlier. Too young, too vulnerable. Manipulated easily, as he tried his best to earn his father's affection and attention.

What was this false hope he was clinging on to?

And yet, even so, he was family.

His only family.

"My deepest apologies father," His hazel brown eyes looked down on the floor. Looking up on your superiors would mean that you were, or still is, defying them. "I will not repeat such insolence anymore, please forgive me."

"Very well," All for One nodded his head in approval, before releasing his grasp against the young boy's head. "I expect you to not disappoint me in this mission. In any case, perhaps Tomura wouldn't mind replacing you."

Tomura Shigaraki.

The young boy indeed hated, no, detested that name.

Tomura this, Tomura that, Tomura fucking everything. Hell its like his dad fell in love with his protégé. Well, it would be amusing if his dad were to be gay.

"I assure you," The young boy slowly rose up from his formerly position, slowly inhaling as he closed his eyes, grinning slightly. "That I am capable of completing such mission."

All I have to do is to eliminate (Y/N) (L/N), right?

[edited]

HI

WTF 18K— WASNT IT LIKE
5K A MONTH AGO—
WTF YALL AMAZING IM SOBBING IN JOY

AND YES IK THIS CHAPTER IS A FILLER
IM A NOOB PLS DON KILL ME