CHAPTER 01; 𝙨𝙠𝙮𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡

THE YOUNG ADOLESCENT NO MORE THAN 4 JUMPED DOWN THE 40 FLOOR BUILDING. Though it wasn't an ideal place to relax, bystanders who watched you fall all gaped as they stood in shock. What should they do? It wasn't their responsibility after all. It's the heroes, not theirs.

falling

falling

falling

The perception of time distorted just then; everything in view slowed down, falling down from the sky as gravity pulled you down— everything seemingly so graceful, like an angel falling out as it was banished from heaven. It was breathtaking, watching the clouds slowly drift further, and further, and further away.

Society was rather complicated. In your eyes, society is nothing more but monsters, lurking around for greed, fame and power. Society was weak. All they do is push their problems aside— to the Pro heroes — and expects them to get solved. Without any gratitude shown nor given.

And yet, there is still a hierarchy going on within. It's rather simple and bold. To begin with, you are either a hero, a sidekick, vigilante, civilian or a villain.

Heroes saves the lives of people, yet, they killed thousands of other victims without anyone realising. Putting false chastity into those who couldn't get their fate changed, unable to reach out to all of those in need. They lie to people.

Tragic, but it is the truth.

On the other hand, if someone were to kill a person, whether innocent or not, gets the title of a Villain. Having a different view on heroes, as they know, that heroes can't save everyone in the world. That heroes puts false hope into reality. That heroes are the cause of villains.

Heroes are the origin of villains.

But, heroes kills people too. Just what did the villains do wrong? No matter their desperate plea, it would all drown in naivety— millions of silent, unshed tears went by unnoticed, just like that.

Just like that, people becomes villains.

Whether a hero or a villain, it didn't matter to you. After all, people's opinions doesn't affect you. They were labels that placed you in the hierarchy without knowing, labels that determined ones fate. Heroes and villains shared similar yet different and opposing goals in mind.

To create a society; ranked by power, or, ranked by status.

"It's fine now. Why? Because I am here!" A loud voice echoed throughout the city, and within a flash, you were saved. Well, in their eyes, you were saved. But in truth, you hated it. How could they so instinctively, assume, that they had saved others; some people would rather put themselves into a slumber, not forced into the painful and horrid society.

Heroes think to bold and irrationally. They don't consider others opinion nor emotions, how others feel. All they do is just put up a smile, and tell the world that everything is okay.

Villains on the other hand, thinks in a more rational and realistic way. They know, and never underestimate their opponents. They want to let the world stop getting fed by lies. They want to stop it all.

"Thank you All Might!" Your (E/C) dull eyes suddenly shimmered as you glanced at him. Putting on your pseudo-joyful expression, you plastered on a fake smile, twitching your lips upwards. "A voice told me I could see mama, papa and my best friend if I followed them hehe!"

Remember (Y/N), smile.

Play dumb and nice. Show them that you aren't a threat.

Show them that you're just a stupid, innocent girl who loves heroes.

A naive, little girl who doesn't believe in the harsh reality.

All Might's mouth vaguely turned into a frown, before safely descending down as media surrounded the both of you. Inherently, he forced his lips to crease upwards— fake assurance to the media. "Everything will be alright!" Announcing to the media, he catered you down, supporting your back.

It's not.

Other pro-heroes arrived to the scene, pushing the media and crowd away from the Number 1 hero; allowing him to speak with the young (H/C) haired girl whom had lost her parents— from his speculation.

"Young miss," The buff hero kneeled down, eye-to-eye, was it sorrow or pity? You couldn't tell. "Under whose custody are you living under?"

"I'm living on my own like a big girl!" You exclaimed, puffing your cheeks. All Might looked at you with that expression— the detestable one; filled with sympathy. "I'm a strong and smart girl!"

All Might sighed, before staring at your (E/C) eyes that glimmered in awe when it saw him; he supposed that it was because that he was the Number 1 hero. Such young child, had such guts to jump off a building, not shedding a single drop of fear— if she were to fall into the hands of a villain, it would cause chaos.

An inevitable chaos that causes destruction.

"Young Miss, could you promise me one thing?" Holding his dominant hand up, he lifted his pinky finger. "Promise me that you'll aspire to be a hero and not a villain?"

A promise; where an assurance to another that you would fulfil ones desires or needs— but you had no obligations to do so. Promises were meant to be broken.

Promises were just words that would comfort others.

"I promise!"

Promises are foolish thoughts.

But his suggestions raised a thought that lingered in your mind; perhaps being a hero and a villain wouldn't be so bad, right? Lost between the path of heroes and villains— a vigilante.

If you couldn't decide on either, then why not both?

"HAVE YOU FOUND ANYONE WORTHY ENOUGH TO BE YOUR SUCCESSOR?" NEZU, A SMALL WHITE CREATURE ASKED TOSHINORI, WHILE SIPPING A CUP OF TEA. "Or are you going to go with Mirio?"

Toshinori simply looked at his hands, clasping them together as his consciousness slowly drifted away.

"No..." He sighed, grumbling out of frustration. He was going to end soon. Everyone will, and it seems that his time was almost over; the symbol of peace was going to end. "However, I did run into an interesting girl."

"Oh really?" Nezu asked, hopping onto the wide couch as his interest was clearly piqued. "How so?"

"She wasn't afraid of the consequence of death."

[edited]