CHAPTER 19; 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜

HE WAS HOT, LIKE REALLY HOT. Even as much as you hated it, you had to admit. Hawks was fucking steaming.

"Like the view?" Hawks teased, as if he read through your mind. He ruffled his sun kissed blonde hair, continuing to make way to the main building. "We're almost there."

"Tch." Clicking your tongue in annoyance, you rolled your eyes. That man had the audacity to assume such foul statement— not like he was wrong, but it hurt you in the sense of pride. "Fuck off."

He turned around, giving you a cheeky grin as he leaned closer towards you, bending down slightly as you felt his breathe prickling onto your skin, "My... Looks like someone grew up a lot while I wasn't around."

'Get outta my personal bubble bitch. This is my no-no square.' You grimaced, inwardly speaking to yourself as the blonde haired man gently licked his right thumb, then wiping the blood stains on your cheeks.

"What the-" Disgust, annoyance, and this unknown feeling bubbles within you; your heart started fluttering, as well as butterflies dancing within your stomach. You were uncertain on how to react, and what you should had said, only resulting you mumbling a soft, "Gross."

"Much cleaner now. That filth on your face was getting on my nerves." Nonchalantly, he waved his hands in the air as if nothing had happened, heading towards the fancy and well designed building. "Anyways, here we are (Y/N). The beloved agency you've been waiting for."

Although humans knew what their goals were supposed to be in life— sometimes, it doesn't necessarily mean that they would achieve it.

Distractions and complications comes within the hurdles of life.

"Woah, you actually own a building." You nodded your head in approval, before following him. "Never knew."

You and Hawks stepped into the large and grand entrance of his agency. With red velvet carpet laced across the oak wooden floor boarding, a front receptionist desk, multiple sidekicks as well as piles and stacks of paper.

What are the odds. Such a nice place hidden within the slums, who would've known.

"Anyways, (Y/N). I also got another student from Ketsubutsu Academy High." Raising your brow at the blonde's statement, he coughed before continuing. "Look, I know that we weren't on the best terms exactly. So I'd thought you wouldn't want to do this alone. I couldn't get ahold of any other UA students 'cause you know... They aren't as good."

'Not on best terms? You were the one in charge of my cell, and you call that not the best terms?' You clicked your tongue in annoyance, before begrudgingly grunting. 'Oh hey, you know I know I tortured you for a couple of years but oh well let's all forget about it yep.'

What ignorance these selfish desires people contain.

So selfish— it wasn't easy to just bat an eye on something that had occurred and left an emotional scarring.

Just because one forgives, doesn't mean they forget.

clink

step

Just because one smiles, doesn't mean that they are happy.

Everyone is born the same, everyone is just as capable. If you can lie, or even deceive, so can others. No one is special.

It's only whether one makes use of themselves.

step

"Hi! Nice to meet you! You must be (Y/N) (L/N)!"A raven haired boy appeared, as he vigorously shook your hand with a mischievous bright grin, snapping you out of trance. "My name is Yo Shīndo, nice to meet you!"

But his eyes wore rhythms of sweet lies that spilled otherwise.

clank

"Likewise, nice to meet you!" Mimicking his action, you smiled before nodding your head. "Woah, you look powerful! We should have a spar some time after the internship!"

If he played dumb, so could you. Two could play a game of feigned ignorance.

But only one could win.

"Yeah we should!" He pumped his fist, before glancing to your side. "Oh my god! Hawks! Thank you so much for offering me a spot!"

His devilish soul smelt like a smokey air of deceits.

He smelt like... Someone who is desperate for something. Yearning and longing, until his eyes were tainted by murkiness bounded within his mind.

"No problem kiddo." Hawks chuckled, before ruffling Shindo's hair with a small grin. Spreading his wings slightly, he scooted both you and Shindo further from one another. "Now now don't act too friendly. This isn't a meet and greet. It's an internship."

clink

The atmosphere felt like roses and buds that reeked withered butterflies. It just, didn't make any sense.

It felt suffocating and intoxicating.

"Very well." You raised your brow before shrugging it away. To be fair, you don't need friends; friends are nothing. "It doesn't hurt making a new acquaintance right?"

Although you had built certain emotional attachment towards them, you still kept the same goal in mind.

No, it wasn't necessary to make friends.

Because you swore to yourself. That you would put an end to the inequality between heroes and villains.

"Right." Shindo smiled, exchanging you occasional glances with his brown onyx eyes. He was like a predator preying on the weak, it was clear, that he wanted something from you.

But what?

clank

'Mission eliminating (Y/N) (L/N), commence.'

okok hear me out im
kinda sleepy so forgive me
for thy sloppy writing
HAHAHAHHAH

eek the chapters ahead will be
kinda weird cos its abt like
insanity and shit idk LMFOEMDOWKD

mwah mwah kithes <3
ilya take caree 🥺🥺