CHAPTER 04; 𝙚𝙥𝙝𝙞𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙚𝙨

"I AM COMING THROUGH THIS DOOR," A BRIGHT FLASH OF GOLD WAS EMITED ALONG WITH THE SOUND OF HEAVY FOOTSTEPS. "LIKE A NORMAL PERSON—"

"Oh my god it's the All Might!"

"Tch, I'll be the Number 1 Hero next time. Watch me."

"Can I get an autograph, or perhaps, even a photo?"

All Might's gaze slowly landed onto the (H/C) (H/L) haired girl that was like his daughter, however you didn't even bother sparing a glance at him, nor acknowledging his presence. It was too bothersome.

"Today, we will be doing indoor-combat training," The blonde-buff man exclaimed, receiving cheers from the whole class, "of HEROES VERSUS VILLAINS !"

You dazed off, lost in your own world. Ah the nostalgic, you could still remember it; it was so clear, embedded in your mind. A memory filled with shades of tenebrosity, where it held the absence of light. It was dark and cold, oh it felt like yesterday, as the tips of your fingertips started pricking. Perhaps it was too cold, or it was just a side effect of what you thought— the drug that they placed into. You shrugged your shoulders, not caring whatsoever. How long has it been?

tick

tock

The clock ticked in the silent room, before a loud beep was heard throughout, echoing. Ah, it was time.

"(Y/N)," A lightly-cheerful yet sickening voice demanded through the speaker in the top corner of the ceiling. "It's time for that checkup. You know the drill."

Tap

Tap

It has been, around 4 years? Since you stepped out of the horrid room, seeing sunlight. You forgot how fresh air smelt like, as your room— a prison cell, was an enclosed white room, containing; a small television, a toilet and a white plain bed. It was filled with the smell of flesh and blood, from your assumption, was those who previously lived here, however failed to live.

Those who failed, would be immediately disposed of.

There was no use for the weak living in this world.

Everyday, you would watch the television. You would tell yourself that you were going to be saved. You told yourself that each day, every single day.

That day never came.

"It's fine now. Why? Because I am here!"

Lies. They are lying. They won't stop lying.

Stop lying, stop lying, stop lying.

Stop it.

"Yumiko Aizawa, hurry," The blonde haired man raised his voice before you quickly scurried by his side as he scrunched his nose. "Or you'd be sorry on why you'd been alive."

Ah yes, that name. The name that you were given birth too, that you hadn't grew up with. The name that brought slight-uneasiness into your parents — your biological family. The name that was now, just a blur to you. It had brought no meaning whatsoever, nor holding any sort of symbol, as you detested it.

"Monthly checkup; Heart rate, Quirk activation, Quirk suppression, Intellect, Abilities, Blood scan," The robotic voice spoke, as you felt yourself getting pushed onto the hard-metal bed. Endure the pain, it is for the better.

Was it?

"Reports has been saying that this building may contain suspicious activities..." You heard a muffled yet raucous-like voice. Was this hope, that they spoke of? Maybe today, was the day you could escape. The day that you were going to be set free. The day that all these, would come to a stop.

Oh those naive and foolish thoughts. Oh so naive.

"Shit," The blonde haired boy— Hawks, cursed before tugging you into his grasp. His wings slowly spread out, as he covered your mouth. "Don't make a sound."

"OHOHOH AIZAWA YOU LOOK RATHER KEEN INTO THIS INVESTIGATIONNN YEAHH," A loud voice bombarded, or shrieked, as you winced. Such impoliteness, especially screaming without acknowledging the fact that others might've been around. "PERHAPS ARE YOU HOPING THAT YOU COULD FIND YOUR LONG LOST SISTER— THAT YOUR PARENTS HAD LEFT BEHIND?!"

Aizawa.

Aizawa.

Aizawa.

You absolutely detested that name.

"Maybe if you were born looking much more like them, your biological parents wouldn't have left you," A blue-haired yet pale man whispered, as four of his fingers were placed on your shoulder except his thumb. "Such a shame, even though you have such potential..."

You stared blankly at him. You don't show emotions. Only the weak does.

But what he said is true. And you hated that.

"Born with such capabilities, and quirk," He rambled on, caressing your cheeks lightly as you flinched. "Isn't it such a waste ? Especially when you're only 4 years old..."

Shut up.

Shut up.

Shut up.

"Why don't you join me? I'm sure that Sensei, would love to meet you," He scratched his neck, as a purple mist portal appeared behind him. "You could even get stronger under him, and take revenge on them. If you'd like, that is."

Strong.

You needed to get strong. You needed to destroy the hierarchy within society that corrupted power.

"Save me..." You mumbled out, activating your quirk as you slipped past Hawks. You needed to get to them, your only hope to escape...

"(Y/N), where are you going?!" Hawks whispered-shouted, trying to get a hold of you. However his hand just went through you. It would been useless if he tried to catch you, especially the fact that you were stronger than him.

Freedom. You wanted to be free, that was it, just a simple request. Yet, they would've given you anything but that.

"Tch... This is useless, Mic lets go," The gruff man spoke as footsteps went further away. You tried to find them, however your efforts went in vain. They were gone, long gone.

No.

Don't leave.

Save me. Please...

But you knew that it was useless. After all, these are the heroes.

They only save those that they feel like it.

And that day, was when the fire within you extinguished.

[edited]