CHAPTER 11; 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙩𝙝

pit-a-pata

pit-a-pata

CELESTIAL RAINDROPS SUBMERGED WITHIN THE DULL GRASS AS YOU PLACED FRESH WHITE ROSES THAT REPRESENTED YOUR PARTING. The weather mourned alongside you, carrying your deepest regrets and sorrows.

Once before anyone would've arrived at his scene of tragic death that took place in the Training Ground, you managed to completely erase his existence in everyone's eyes. As for you know, no one remembers him.

Not even his parents. Nor Hitoshi. Everyone, but you.

Checking school records, images and anything that had somewhat him being involved, would be useless. Everything would be the same, just that, he didn't exist.

Monoma was gone, just like that. Because of you, because of you, because of your selfishness.

It was like he was never alive in the first place.

pit-a-pata

pit-a-pata

It was a curse, to be living. To be living with such detestable quirks. To be unable to suppress your emotions. Why were you so weak? Why?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. But what kills you makes you the strongest. And yet, why weren't you the strongest?

You needed to get stronger. Stronger and stronger. But why? Why did you desperately want to get so strong?

Why?

In fact, at this very moment, you could bring Neito back to life. You could have done it anytime, or heck — anyone. But you just couldn't bare to. Because nothing comes for free.

Exchange another life of those dearest to you, or perhaps yours, for another life.

pit-a-pata

pit-a-pata

"I've done it once..." You mumbled, clutching your hand as blood slowly trickled down. "But never again."

Ah yes, for him.

Betrayal? Sadness? What were you expecting? After all, you were a fool last time. Trading a soul for him. Someone who, broke your promise, who broke you. Why repeat the same mistake when you know the same thing would happen once more?

"I'm sorry..."

You broke yourself, you killed your friend, you abandoned them. What kind of person were you? How pathetic.

Turning your back away, moonlit tears escaped from your eye as you walked away.

When we cross paths once more.

Goodbye, Neito.

I hope that we never meet again.

Sorry, I'm so sorry.

'Sorry, sorry, sorry. Sorry I couldn't save you.'

And thank you.

Drenched in guilty blood that carried a stench of corroded iron, however, there wasn't any resent within it. Neito knew, he knew.

He knew that you were going to kill him.

Rubbing your swollen eyes, you stood unnoticed— like a shadow angel watching over it's lost child. No one came to mourn for his death but you, no one remembered.

And it was your fault, making him forgotten.

"I'm sorry..." Such beauty hidden in raindrops as they pattered down your delicate skin. Salty tears mixed with God's tears upon the sky that mourned alongside you. No one could tell that you were crying. "I'm sorry for being selfish..."