CHAPTER 10; 𝙘𝙧𝙮

"AS ALL OF YOU KNOW, THE UA SPORTS FESTIVAL IS COMING UP, THEREFORE YOU WILL HAVE TO TRAIN AS HARD AND EFFICIENT AS POSSIBLE," YOUR HOMEROOM TEACHER, AIZAWA MUMMERED, BEFORE WIGGLING INTO HIS YELLOW COMFY COCOON. "And I expect all of you to be ready when the day comes."

Your classmates started complaining about how inconsiderate UA was as a whole. Letting students partake in a festival right after getting ambushed by villains? How absurd.

"The sports festival is the greatest opportunity you will ever receive." Aizawa added, monotonously as he squinted his eyes towards your direction. "It is not an event that can be cancelled over a few villains, in order to show the future heroes. So be sure to do your best, and train like there's no tomorrow, because you only have three chances."

Train huh?

Everyone had started partnering up, or perhaps grouping — in pair's, three's and fours. However, you just sat still as your eyes lingered on staring into space. What was the point of training when you were the strongest?

It had no point, because you knew either ways, you would win.

"Hey (Y/N), wanna join with us?" A gentle yet giddy voice offered. Ah it belonged to Kaminari. "I mean like we could train and improve on each other's skills... If you don't mind..."

I don't need to train with anyone.

"Sorry," Sheepishly apologising before bowing your head, you rubbed your head before giving a closed eyed smile. "I'd rather train alone... I find it more... effective!"

If I do, I'll end up killing them.

"Tch of course dumbass! She's not as weak as you shits here!" The ash-blonde growled, snapping at your honey-yellow haired boy who cowered in fear. He then proceeded to glare at you with his piercing ruby red eyes; like a rose covered with blood, eying it's prey, before he snarled. "And you! Don't act so cocky just because you're strong! Because I'm going to be the best hero, and beat your fucking ass into a plump!"

"If that is the case, then..." Grabbing your books and bags, you slowly excused yourself, walking towards the class door as you dismissed yourself. Giving a small smirk directed towards the feisty ash-blonde, you directed a subtle wink towards his direction. "You shouldn't do an all talk show, Bakugo."

Blowing a subtle air-kiss in the direction of the ash-blonde along his friends, who was fawning over you; except for Bakugo of course. You quickly dashed out into Training Ground Alpha— a perfect place for you to release the hinderance that had been bothering you for too long. Oh, how much you hated your quirk. However, before you managed to even begin with some warmups, you encountered him.

The boy who was precious to you, but you left him for his sake.

"Monoma, why the fuck are you here?"

The platinum blonde did his usual, evil-maniac laugh. "HOHOHO WHY ARE YOU HERE (Y/N)? IF YOU'RE IN THE HERO COURSE WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO TRAIN ? I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH PATHETIC PERSON LIKE YOU BEFORE. ACTING ALL TOUGH THOUGH YOU'RE ONLY A COWARD—"

Shut up.

"Don't pretend that you're better than us (Y/N)." He regained his composure, before leaning in towards you. "Just because you're younger, and you were gifted with oh-so-powerful quirks, doesn't mean you have to brag about it."

I am not a coward.

"Quirk-wise, and power, you've definitely got them all." He stated, twirling the ends of your (H/C) hair-locks. "But technical and tactics, you've got them all wrong."