CHAPTER 13; 𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙚

IT WAS LIKE A STADIUM FILLED WITH ROMAN CALVARY. The audiences impatiently and aggressively roared; releasing utterly foul words that spilled out from their mouths without batting an eye even when blood was splattered. Screaming and protesting, demanding for an explanation.

Although you seemed rather unfazed, it frustrated others even more; wasting such opportunity for a bright future. Alas, it was a pity, but nevertheless it didn't bother you.

What was going on?

"Young (Y/N)... Are you sure you-" All Might bent down, attempting to put his hands on your shoulders; which you skillfully dodged. "It's a festival that allows you to portray your skills and abilities to the-"

He is here. 

"All Might! I would like to apologize, however I don't think I will partake in the sports festival." You gave a solemn smile, before he sighed. You found it pointless, why would people want to showoff their extravagant quirks off to the whole world, which is largely broadcasted. It would give the enemies an advantage. But since you were on neither sides, it didn't really matter. "I think I exhausted myself from the first round, and will be unable to compete any further. Sorry!"

 "Very well Young (Y/N)..." He sighed, before nodding his head in approval. You inwardly scoffed, look at these people believing your obvious fraudulent lies, they exceeded the definition of idiocy and stupid.

You could hear the teachers were absolutely frustrated — and devastated, they had to obediently comply and accept your request. Because if they didn't, they would have been skinned alive for all they knew. Well, taking care of unhappy and grumpy audiences wouldn't be a problem, right?

Or so you though.

But it wasn't your problem, so who gave a shit.

clack

You glanced by the side of the stadium. Meeting a pair of blue cerulean eyes that was too familiar. Oh, you could still remember the warmth of his flames; the warmth that lit up your world.

You excused yourself, before making way to backstage. To him, lurking within the shadows of the festival.

clack

Ah yes, he was still the same. You could still feel his warmth radiating, although it contains a tinge of coldness and hatred. You knew it was him. You knew it, you knew it.

"T-To-"

"Why are you here?"

You flinched at the tone of his voice. He absolutely wanted you dead. He hated you. He despised you. You could hear, the venom laced in his words. Detest? Sorrow? Disgust?

"I-I..."

clack

You didn't know what you should be doing at this current situation. You missed him so much, you loved him with all your heart. You would do absolutely anything for him.

But why was he pushing you away?

"Why are you alive?"

You saved him once. You made a promise together. You vowed and swore to be by each other's sides together, forever. And yet, you were afraid of him, the current and new him.