CHAPTER 09; 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙥

GROGGILY OPENING YOUR EYES, YOU WINCED DUE TO THE BRIGHT LIGHT THAT RADIATED TOWARDS YOU. How long has it been since you passed out? A day? A week? A month? Who knows maybe even a year.

Fortunately, it was only a couple of hours.

Your vision was still, slightly blurry, from the past events. Though you didn't use your quirks, you were on the verge of breaking, restricting yourself from using them. Taking a huge toll off your body.

The fragmented pieces hurt you so much. Oh it was so dear, yet so fragile. You couldn't seem to let it go.

"Young (Y/N)..." All Might— in his debuffed form, looked at your frail figure laid on the bed. He had lots of questions he had wanted to ask you. What exactly happened to you? Why were you hyperventilating? Why did you look so scared? Why were you crying and sobbing so suddenly? A girl that defeated all pro heroes without batting an eye, was yet to be afraid of something.

In his eyes, you were someone that was always happy and strong. Too strong, until it would be a disastrous occurrence if you were to become a villain.

They needed to protect the trump card of the future of the Symbol of Peace.

"What happened?"

You glanced around your surroundings, as your eyes caught onto the clock hung by the wall. You could tell, his question wasn't directed to you out of concerned, nor pity.

He only asked for the sake of asking; as a insurance to ensure safety and peace.

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

"You know staring into space won't help," Toshinori mumbled, as you nodded silently. Yeah sure, you knew it. You knew that very well. Perhaps it would buy some time off him. "It would be very appreciated if you could... co-operate with us, Young (Y/N)."

"And what do I gain from it?" You snapped, quietly as you fidgeted your fingers, interwinding them together. Even if you told them, it would do no use for you, nor them. They would just gain the upper advantage of you, your weakness. As they say, the more they know, the weaker you are.

And at this stage, you were at the urge of breaking down.

He took a deep breath. He knew that you knew. You wouldn't be able to gain anything from them, nor will you benefit or any sorts. Settling straight plain right in, he locked his stern yet warm gaze upon your cold, withering ones.

"Nothing."

"I don't suppose any reason to tell you anything," You pondered, as you looked away, glancing at the window. "At least, I don't need anyone's consent to do so."

After all, they are all dead.

"Listen Young (L/N), you do know you can trust us. That's what our job is." Toshinori sighed before squinting his eyes narrowly. "We save those who are in need."

Bullshit.

"Then why didn't you save me 15 years ago?" Your voice cracked as your breath hitched. They needed to know half of the truth, at least. "Why did you let me die there, when I was only 4?"

"You're only 14 (L/N). And besides, you're alive at the moment, how could you have died then?" No, he did believe you. He just didn't know how to comprehend. These existed in fairytales, where princesses gets cursed by darkness. Perhaps you were one of them, a girl cursed with rebirth. One where you die, you restart in a new body, however those memories from your previous stay intact. But of course, it was named a curse for a reason.