Chapter 28

I wanted to stay mad, but I knew quite personally what Prince Coleman's bathroom entailed.

We headed off for his room, receiving more than our fair share of curious glances along the way as the two of us left puddles of water wherever we walked.

If some of the maids didn't hate me yet, they would after the watery mess I had left everywhere.

Prince Coleman swung open his bathroom door, and my heart swelled at the sight. I still remembered when I had first seen it, the opulence of luxury of his private bathroom dizzying. A huge jetted tub, a shower with multiple shower heads, pristine mirrors, sparkling tile floors scrubbed by none other than myself; it was all rather beautiful.

"Do you know how to work everything?" He asked.

My eyes glistened and my grin widened. I would get to use these facilities. "I think I can figure it out."

"Are you sure?" The Prince rose an eyebrow.

I turned to him and beamed. "Yeah, I'm sure."

"Um..." he stared for a second longer than normal. "Alright, well the, uh, the place is all yours for a couple of hours."

"Thank you!"

Just as he turned to leave, I called, "Wait!"

"Yes?"

"Um, would you happen to have a spare change of clothes I can borrow? For when I'm done?"

"Why would I have women's clothing?" he asked.

"You have women's underwear," I shot back.

He grimaced. "Very funny. I'll have Lucas or someone leave some clothes for you outside the bathroom door."

"Thanks."

"Yeah..." Prince Coleman looked around awkwardly. "Just uh, you know, I'm sorry. For what happened, and what I said."

His words surprised me. I never imagined Prince Coleman apologizing.

It had to have been the best shower of my life

It had to have been the best shower of my life. After taking much more time than necessary to wash myself, I peeked outside of the bathroom door to find a pile of my own clothes, neatly folded. I put on everything and ventured back to my own room. Once I had arrived, I took my phone charging from the wall and texted Luke.

Me: Do you know what I do now? The Prince didn't fire me yet...I don't think.

A few minutes later Luke replied.

Luke: He didn't, haha. Let me ask him what he wants you to do.

I waited a little longer for his reply.

Luke: He said you can take the rest of the day off. You can explore the grounds or do whatever you want.

Me: Alright, thanks!

My exploration of the gorgeous grounds led me to a large building reading "Stables."

Oh my gosh. There's horses!

I walked around to the front entrance to find rows stretching out with stalls, most holding beautiful horses. I slowly began walking through the stables, admiring the gallant creatures, when I noticed a presence nearby. I looked over and a smile grew on my face. Ethan stood several feet away, watching me curiously.

"Hey!" I ran up to him and beamed. "Why, you never told me you worked in the stables too!"

Ethan rose his eyebrows before an almost dangerous side smile settled on his face.

"Sorry. I forgot to mention it." His hair was looked messier than before, a few strands falling across his eyes. They were a stormy green color today, and they stared at me intently. "What do you think of them? The horses. A fair bit more exciting than flowers?" Ethan took a step closer to me, the distance between us shorter than a normal, casual conversation.

"They're beautiful in different ways." I turned to the white horse in the stall before me, trying to hide my blush. "Do you know if I could pet her?"

"Sure. She's our gentle mare, Snowdrop. Go up to the stall door."

I walked up and reached out and pet her nuzzle, when suddenly I felt Ethan body heat right behind me.

"I ought to take you out on a horseback ride sometime," he whispered in my ear, causing my heart to leap right out of my chest. I turned to face him and took a small step backwards, my back against the stall door.

Ethan wrapped his arms around my waist, and there was no hiding my blush now.

"Ethan! Um, uh, aren't you a little too close?" I stammered.

"Of course I am." He stared at me hungrily. "It's been a while since I've liked a girl."

I wriggled out of his grasp and stepped away from the stall door.

"You're being very forward!" I flushed. "Beside, we don't know each other all that well!"

He held me with a passionate stare. "Why shouldn't I like you? You're very beautiful, you know."

My mouth tried to form words but none came.

"Besides, I like the way you look at me." He was stepping toward me once more, and I felt myself glued to the ground. His voice lowered. "Your eyes tell me that you like me too." Ethan leaned in to kiss me, but his face was met with a slap. Because I was feeling generous, it was only a mild slap.

Ethan backed up with wide eyes.

"What's wrong with you! I spend an hour or less in your company and suddenly you think you can kiss me?!" I snapped.

"Less than an hour? Is that really all?" he grinned. Ethan's smile resembled his former, mischievous one, but the intensity behind his eyes made it far more alarming.

"Well, I'm leaving now," I huffed. "Goodbye!"

"I'll be sure to see you later, gorgeous!" he called out to me, and I whipped my head back to take him in. What the heck was wrong with Ethan?!