Chapter 37

Lucas Prescott was at the forefront of my mind for the rest of the day. As I laid back in bed that night, my thoughts continued to swirl around him. Prince Coleman had found my report of the party quite disappointing, since all the obnoxious little details he desired had blurred in my mind, replaced by Luke's enamoring song.

So, when are we going to start dating? I wondered. Hopefully ASAP. This whole 'single and ready to mingle' bit is getting old.

Sure, I had some fun times with some of the other boys, but did they sing me a love song? No. I mean, hadn't Luke basically declared his love for me?

Of course, the ever reliable Negative Cassie stepped in to ensure I wasn't getting too excited.

What if he wasn't singing the song to ME? What if I just thought he did? What if he was looking at me in a friendship way?

Nonsense! Positive Me argued. He clearly loves me and we are getting married tomorrow.

The night was spent mulling over the event until I drifted off into sleep.

"Here's your breakfast, Prince Coleman." As I passed the Prince his silver platter, I craned my head every which way about the room searching for Luke.

He's always here in the mornings!

I hadn't had an opportunity to talk to him since he sang the song and I needed to establish our relationship status. Or if it all was some fluke.

"What are you so preoccupied with?" Prince Coleman asked, an eyebrow arched. "Inspecting to see if the place is clean?"

"Unless you've done something terrible since last evening, the place should be in tiptop shape," I answered. Isabella had shown me (quite indignantly) how to properly look after the room.

"Then why are you looking around the room so searchingly, little maid?"

"I was just curious where Lucas is." I shrugged as casually as I could.

"Well, I thought I ought to reward the poor chap for dealing with Calista's nonsense. I gave him the day off."

My heart plummeted. "Wh—you—uh—" I was speechless. How was I supposed to talk to Luke today, now?! Curse you, Prince Coleman!

"Don't be so upset, little maid. You already get every weekend off to gallivant about doing who knows what, and your pathetic report back was not enough to compel me to let you off work too." He took another bite of his crepes. "You're stuck with me today."

I got all dolled up for NOTHING! I thought angrily. I took extra care with my makeup, styled my hair the best I could while following regulations, and for what? For another day with stupid Prince Coleman?!