Chapter 33

Princess Calista walked in.

"Brother, what are you still doing in bed? It's already 9:30!" She scolded.

"What are you doing in my room, Cali?" Prince Coleman threw down his fork down and glared at her.

"Oh, stop fussing so." The Princess waved her hand. "I'm not here for you."

"Then why are you here, Calista? Come to swoon over Lucas?" He smirked.

"N-no!" sputtered Princess Calista. "That's—that's absolutely—utterly—urgh!"

An smile toyed at my lips, her distress quite amusing.

The Princess's green eyes shot toward me, and narrowed sharply. "You are still here?"

"Obviously she is, you dimwit," interjected Coleman, and a soft laugh escaped my mouth.

"Oh, so you find my brother funny, do you?" Princess Calista snapped.

"No." I gave her a relaxed smile. "I find you funny."

I suppose she didn't appreciate my comment very much, what with the tight clenching of her fists and the furious fire in her eyes. "You little—"

"Princess Calista." Luke calm voice entered like a gentle wave of water, washing the fiery atmosphere. Her eyes and face softened and she turned to him. "You have yet to tell us why you have come to visit." His soft smile dissolved the last of Calista's inflamed temperament.

I was simultaneously charmed by Luke and irritated that Princess Calista was given such a gentle smile from him.

Oh gosh, I'm jealous of some tween brat. Oh how far I have fallen.

"Oh, right." Princess Calista's voice had transformed into that of a stunningly sweet Disney princess. "Well, I came to say that I am having a small party with some dear friends of mine tomorrow afternoon. Lucas, would you like to come?"

"Um..." Luke's eyes widened.

"As a—as a servant," she broke in. "Of course...of course. You are a very fine servant to my brother, and as you know, good help is hard to find. Ha ha." She looked down at the ground and a blush rose on her face.

It was almost cute to see her blaringly obvious crush on Luke. Almost.

Luke scratched the back of his neck, and looked at Coleman expectantly.

"Cali, can't you find someone else? Lucas is my butler."

"Well...he did such a good job with your birthday last year. I thought he would be a great help at my party!" the Princess explained.

"Last time I checked, it's not your birthday." He rose an eyebrow.

"That's beside the point," she snapped. "It's still a party. And—and it's not your decision anyway, Coleman!"

"Actually it is my decision." Coleman grinned, and her nostrils flared. The Prince tapped his chin. "Hmm...what to do?"

"I could really use his help!" Calista argued.

"Well...fine. He's all yours tomorrow." Coleman shrugged. Luke's eyes bulged and a terrified expression slipped from his face.

"Thank you, Coleman!" His little sister beamed, then turned to Luke, who had mostly composed himself once more. "I look forward to seeing you, Lucas!"