[0] Prologue

Run.

Run from what is concealed in her memory. For she will never let someone see it. The darkness held within it was too much for the mind to tell.

They had a rare chance of making their way into the occupied base of the turned Sanin. But even with their crushing Root training, this was too much.

They found her in a dark cell. She eyes almost sparked at the sight of them, but stayed the same empty onyx colour.

They opened the cell door, one stepped in to collect her when a kunai struck into ones leg. Ambush. That was the one word going through her mind. She got up, knocked the other out and ran.

She ran through the identical stone corridors, across the stone floors on her cut soles. She didn't know where she was going, or where she would end up.

'Keep going child, theirs a life form up ahead' Yua.

Yua was the voice in the child's head. She was always there, to comfort the girl after experiments and punishment. To keep her company in the dark nights alone. Yua was there to keep her away from the coldness our race likes to call death.

By now the girl had come to a stop in front of a cell, barred with steel. She was bent over panting from the sudden movements she had forced onto her body. Yet her eyes stayed on the cell.

A wolf slammed against the bars, growling and flashing its teeth at her.

"What's a child like you doing here?" The young child looked at the white beast in surprise, he had talked to her and she didn't think it was possible.

"Yua told me to find you, she said you could protect me and get me out of here." The wolf, Masaru, is surprised by the courage of the young girl.

"Yua? Who is this Yua?" The name rung bells in his mind, but he couldn't place where they come from.

"Yua said she is the protector. The guardian of the 9 Tailed-Beasts that roam the earth." Masaru's eyes widened.

"Child get me out." She does as said and started to yank on the chains binding the cell doors together. She then heard footsteps approaching.

"Their coming, help me." She said pulling down hard.

"Who's coming." The wolf said before slamming against the doors himself.

"Masked people. They came just before Orochimaru-sama comes to experiment on me. But they got caught by Kabuto-san so I ran." The chains dropped loudly and Masaru happily pranced out.

"Child get on my back, I'll get us out." She grabbed into his fur and hauled herself on.

The wolf charged back out and towards the entrance he was dragged into long ago.

"Child, what do they call you?" Masaru growled while flashing past corners.

"Kagami. They call me Hatake-Scum but my name is Kagami." She said hugging the wolf's back so she doesn't fly off his back.

"Masaru is what they call me. Masaru is my name and every time they called me a dog, mutt, or trash, I bit their heads off." The girl giggled a little at this.

Though she stopped when she sees light from up ahead, light of day. Not the artificial light she had seen all her life. She raised her hand, wishing for it to consume her hand. But as her hand was blessed by the warmth of the suns rays, two hands picked her up off of the back of her new friend. She screamed and kicked at the person.

"Hey, we're not going to hurt you." They exclaimed holding her at arms length.

'Child they will help you, let them take you to their village.' Yua said, trying to comfort the girl.