[48] Encounters

"I'm going to meet with Sasuke. You are coming with me."

Kagami stares at her brother. She just got comfortable on her bed with a book, and here her brother is, standing in her doorway. She decided not to argue with him this time and just got up and followed him out, placing her book in her ninja pouch. He gives her a surprised look but continues on his way anyway. They stop at the door and slip their shoes on, almost in unison before heading out towards the restaurant district.

Kakashi shoves his hands into his pockets and looks up to the sky. Kagami takes the time to loop her arm through her brothers and shove her own hands into her pockets. The height difference made Kakashi slouch a little but he doesn't protest at all. They miss each other. Though only knowing each other for a brief time, they have a strong bond. The recent information revealed about Kagami has caused quite a lot of emotional stir within her brother. The two walk in silence towards the meeting spot.

"When were we supposed to be there?"

"An hour ago."

"Not bad."

The two turn the corner to see Sasuke leaning against the stall, his hands deep in his pockets and an arrogant look on his face. Kagami nods to her brother and slips away from him, going into the shop while the two talk. She walks up to the counter, nodding to the lady.

"Four dango sticks and three cups of green tea, take away." She places the money on the counter as she orders.

"It will only be a few minutes! Please take a seat while you are waiting, I'll bring your order to you!" The cheerful woman hurries off to the back room with Kagami's money and an order paper.

Kagami turns around and takes the only empty table in the place. The tables are crammed in on one another and most are almost touching each other. She immediately becomes aware of who is sitting on the table over. She is stuck between them and the wall. She had noticed them when she walked in, but now she is very aware of who they are.

She slyly watches as the blue male picks up his cup and slowly sips from in. She glances at her former teammate, who is sitting directly diagonal to her. She reaches into her pouch and watches their movement silently as she does. Kisame reaches back, itching to grab his sword. But he freezes as Kagami just pulls her book out and places it on the table, flipping through the pages and reading quietly.

"Ah Kakashi! You're here?

"Oh, Asuma, Kurenai."

"What are you doing down here?" Kagami hisses as she realises that her brother has indeed noticed the two as well, meaning she is safer.

"I'm here to buy offerings. . . I've made plans to meet here with Sasuke."

Kagami almost flinches as Itachi's grip on his cup twitches. She prays to Kami that whenever her brother says doesn't end up with her dead. Kagami may be strong, but she knows how strong Itachi is and has read all about Kisame and the other swordsmen. She isn't about to go through with anything alone. She gulps quietly and continues to read through her book, scanning over the words slowly.

"Is the offering to Obito?" Asuma's voice gives a little more reassurance to the girl.

"Obito?"

'Dear Kami, I'm coming to visit you today.'

"Well that's about right." Her brother's voice is a little more cheerful as he turns around to check from his sister.

His eyes widen when he sees where she is. It is obvious that she doesn't want to be there but she isn't about to move and cause trouble. Kakashi sighs and turns around again, once again facing his comrades.