[29] Setting

Kagami is annoyed. She was the wild card. She has to fight whoever is in better condition after Shino and Kankuro's fight. She is an extra, not a battle, and it annoys her.

A lot.

The final is a month from now, Naruto is already off with Jiriaya, Kakashi is training Sasuke but there is no one to help herself. She has been stony to everyone the last few days, refusing to speak to them or just giving simple cold answers to their questions.

If they want her to open up, they have to play their cards wisely. With how they are going, they are throwing their cards out willy nilly. But Kagami hasn't been wasting this time, she has been training herself, vigorously.

She wakes up, trains and goes to bed. She tends to avoid Kakashi when he gets home or if he approaches her, making it obvious he's annoyed with it.

Special is something Kagami does not want to be, and special is something these people are making her be.

To add to all her problems, Ino has been actively hunting Kagami down.

"You annoy me." Kagami tries to walk away from Asuma's Genin Team as they approach her for training, she's not enjoying this.

Kagami sends icy glares their way as they follow her through the village and towards her training ground.

"Kagami, please! Shikamaru needs training for the last stage of the exams!" Ino reaches out and grabs the girls shirt.

Kagami whips around and grabs Ino's hand off her, she stares the girl in the eyes, "That's not my job." She let's go of the girl and walks on.

Kagami jumps off the sandy path and through the buildings, wanting to knock the genin's off her scent while still being able to make it to her training grounds. As she does, a white fluffy cat lands in front of her and runs up against her pant legs.

"Yusi, I'm training."

"Actually Kagami, you are preventing yourself from making friends." The cat grows into a wolf and sits down next to the girl, giving her a disappointing look.

"You are supposed to be making people like you, that's the whole reason you are in this mess." Yusi lays down and lays her head softly on her paws.

"Shut up." Kagami clenches her fists and walks further into the training grounds and starts attack dummy set ups she has made earlier.

Kagami powers her punches with chakra to make dents in the wood but not enough to break it.

"Kagami you know I'm right." The wolf walks closer to her and stands behind the girl.

"Yusi! Please leave me alone." Kagami's patience was running out quickly. Both beings could tell, and Kagami wasn't happy about it. She constantly hates how soft she has become.

"Kagami, you know they are breaking into you. You like them, you want to protect them. Don't lie to you-"

"YUSI! GO AWAY!"

Kagami snapped. For the first time in a very long time she lost her temper. She lets out a grunt and disappears from the training ground, leaving the wolf to stand by herself in silence.

Team Asuma appear within seconds of Kagami leaving. Ino's eyes are wider than usual. Shikamaru sighs while Choji stays silent.

In their eyes, Kagami was the most reserved and calm person they know. They has caught her in times of anger, some caused by them themselves. But she did stay calm in most situations. Plus, she was slowly breaking out of her stone cold exterior, the team hopes she isn't noticing but she is warming up to those around her. She speaks more freely, no longer speaking like a robot, or only speak to critic or insult people.

She was acting more like someone her age. But, everyone who are-in their own view-close to her understand very well that one wrong move could cause extreme consequences with the girl. She can recoil at any moment.

Oki walks forward to follow the girl,"Ino, I don't believe it is wise for you to do that." Yusi looks over her shoulder at the blonde. "That girl, can kill you whenever she feels the need too, get someone she is closer with to follow her,"

Nobody moved, no one was 'closer' with her than anyone else. They are all pretty on par.

Shikamaru sighs, "I'll go get Kakashi-sensei," he runs off speeding to where he last saw Kagami's brother and his genin team.

Yusi looks up into the sky, watching clouds gather and rain drops splash against the land.
"When that girl cries, the gods cry with her."

s.h.o.u.t.

"Kagami!" Kakashi has been following the trail of her sister for the last hour. Pakkun leading the way. They were long out of Konoha's boarders, even far gone from the villages surveillance paths.

Kakashi has already thought a few times that they were lost and way to far out, but Pakkun re-assured him that her scent was fresh and that they were on the right path to his sister.

"Pakkun, do you think we are close to her or still out?" Kakashi glances down at his k-nin.

"We are coming up to her, if we were to move at normal pace it would take around a half day to get to where we are. She's moving fast, but I believe she has stopped somewhere ahead of us." Kakashi nods and speeds up pace.

Shikamaru has come kicking at his house door around an hour after Kagami had run off. He had trouble getting people to tell him where the sensei lived. When someone finally told him, any chance of catching up to the girl was lost, they just needed to wait until she stopped somewhere.

Kakashi is knocked out of thought when Pakkun stops suddenly and puts a paw up. "Down, she's started walking from here, we must be close to where she has stopped."

Kakashi nods and hops silently to the dusty path below him. Pakkun 'poof's away silently and leaves the shinobi to himself. He walks silently towards his destination.

To be completely honest, Kakashi was very nervous. Probably the most scared he'd been in his extreme life. He hasn't been close to many for some years. The last female he was this close to would have to be Rin Nohara, and she definitely didn't cause this much anxiety for the silver haired male, well, not that she had the heart to.

Kakashi comes to a halt when he sees a stone structure in front of him, it's pretty well hidden into the land but the entrance is obvious. He walks in, knowing that his sister was somewhere within this hideout. His feet echoed against the stone floor, but even over that sound, he could hear sounds of shuffling deeper through the stone corridors.

He is fairly aware that this was once, at one time, a base for someone. Whether they are still hear or not is something else. But he is pretty sure his sister wouldn't walk into this place if there was someone in here.

Kakashi hears a loud clang right around the corner next to him and peaks around it. A cage, metal barring and all sits sitting in a little nook in the wall. Kicking at the walls of his cage is Kagami Hatake. She's screaming loudly and ripping apart the walls of the cage she is standing in.

She stops for a second, breathing heavily, to look up at her brother. His eyes widen slightly as he notices the tear stained upper checks of his sister. Her mask soaking wet. She's been crying for a while know, and it's noticeable. Kakahi flashes up to his sister and locks her into a strong hug. Holding her tightly to his body. She clenches her fists again this chest and gives in to him.

He just felt the need to hold and comfort the small girl in front of him. Many others, including himself, tend to forget that underneath the cold blooded girl known as the Assasin's shadow, there is a young girl, who needs help. She was built to be like cement, but she hasn't set well.

You must re-make, re-lay, and find a new setting.

s.h.o.u.t.

whoop, haven't updated in 3 months, author of the year right here.
~shadow