[13] Town

Kagami stares around the crowded streets of the small town centre, if you would call it that.

Kagami was sent ahead into town, while Sakura stays back with Tazuna. Being Tazuna's body guard isn't a hard task, but being with Tazuna is.

The constant guilt trips and depressing stories was too much for Kagami, who woke up with a headache from the last nights 'teaching' session with Naruto and Sasuke.

So when he mentioned someone going ahead as a scout, Kagami didn't even say a word, she just walked ahead. Even though she knows that having a scout in this situation is useless as there is a very low chance of anyone attacking them in sight of the whole town.

Plus they wouldn't bother with Kagami, they would attack straight at the target, most likely killing Tazuna and Sakura in one go.

'You really are a dark person.'

"Oh be quiet for once Masaru.'

'How 'bout no?'

'Masaru leave the pour girl alone.'

'Yes sir! Yua sir!'

Kagami almost laughs at her internal thoughts. She slows down as Tazuna leads Sakura into a stall. Kagami waits patiently outside and stares at the kids playing.

Even though you have nothing, you still smile hm? 

'You should try it sometime.'

'Masaru I'll commit Seppuku on you.'

'Point received and processed. Mouth is shutting.'

Kagami shakes her head and stuffs her hands into her pockets. She slides down the wall and sits on the ground, raising her face to the sky and closing her eyes.

I wonder if people remember the harm they cause. Or do they only remember the harm caused to them?

Kagami is brought out of her thoughts when a ball knocks against the side of her leg. She opens her eyes and glances at the ball and then at the kids.

They look a little frightened, thinking that she might get angry at them for disturbing her.

Instead she stands up, picks up the ball and rolls it over to the kids, expecting them to just continue on with their game.

But, they surprise her as she surprised them. One of the younger kids, a little girl walks up to Kagami and tugs on her hand.

"You wanna join us miss?" The girl looks at her with hopeful eyes.

Kagami shakes her head and pulls her hand away from the girl, declining the offer.

The girls eyes trail to the floor, "Oh... okay... have a nice day miss."

Kagami almost smiles as the girl runs back to her friends with the ball.

'I wonder if I would've done that? If my circumstances had been different. If I had my brother, and maybe my father, even a mother around instead of the cold bars that kept me locked up.'

'You always have me~ I will always love you~ care for you~ bring you up when you are down~'

'Please stop Masaru.'

'Hey I'm being nice!'

'Masaru you are only nice to me when you want something.'

'I genuinely don't need anything from you this time.'

Kagami narrows her eyes and tilts her head back to look at the sky again.

'Are you sure....?' Kagami feels a smirk tug on her lips as she feels Masaru grow uncomfortable.

'Can....can I....play with the kids?' Kagami smiles.

'C'mon out. I need to leave soon so come home whenever you need.'

Masaru appears next to the girl with a large doggy smile on his face.

"Don't kill the kids." Kagami gives the wolf a pat before standing up and heading down the street, just in time for Tazuna and Sakura to come out of the store.

"CHA!" Kagami appears right next to the two just as Sakura spins round, muttering something about a pervert.

She freezes as she sees it's a small boy, one begging for food.

'She almost sucker punched that kid to next week.' Yua face palms and sighs loudly.

Kagami watches silently as Sakura passes the boy a few lollies from inside her ninja pouch. She shakes her head before returning back to her spot ahead of the two.

"I think it's about time we head home, so Tsunami can make dinner before it gets dark." Kagami takes note that Tazuna sounds on edge, wary.

Kagami gives Masaru a quick pat on the head as she walks past. Telling him not to eat the kids. He knocks her hand away in response before catching the ball and running off with it.

"Do you like dogs Kagami?" Sakura runs up to the girl, having witnessed the interaction between the two.

"I like most animals, they tend to take a liking to me." Kagami glances at the girl from the corner of her eye.

"Really? I like cats but they don't seem to like me that much, maybe I'm too over affectionate?" Kagami turns to Sakura and gives her a little smile.

"Sometimes animal just want to be left alone, other times that want lots of affection. Like us they have a mind of their own." Kagami and Sakura continue the conversation back to the house. Later it became one sided, Sakura talking and Kagami nodding and giving generic answers.

Kagami seems to enjoy the girls company, as long as she isn't talking about Sasuke or diets, even insulting her. When the two girls walk into the house Kakashi raises his eyebrows at his sister, wondering how the two started to get along.

"But anyways, if you want someone to do your hair you have to go to Ino, oh and flowers are her specialty." Kagami nods before sitting down at the table next to her brother, letting Sakura trail up the stairs and into her room.

"She gave me a headache." Kakashi chuckles at his sister and gives her a quick glance before going back to his book.

"She tends to have that affect on people, especially when she hits Naruto." Kagami gives a little smirk.

"Sometimes e deserves it, other times I don't understand what's going on."

"Neither do I Kagami, neither do I."

s.h.o.u.t.

~shadows